ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of employment - ICT to General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Use4free2
Newly Registered

Post by Use4free2 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Currently I am in Tier-2 ICT and planning to switch job to a prospective employer, New employer ready to give COS and if I file for Tier -2 then:
1) will current employer have to be informed? if so when?

2) will current employer come to know if I apply for Tier-2 with future employer. officially.. like HO sending intimation etc..

3) I presure I would not resign from the service of the current employer till the new tier-2 is available, in that case is it okay to continue with the 1st employer for to serve the notice period, even though my sponsorship has transferred? Will there be any legal issues?

Regards,
AC

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:44 pm

1. Yes. When you have are granted Tier 2 (General).
2. Unlikely, but possible.
3. Make sure that the CoS specifies the correct date of joining that you agree with the new employer. Before this specified date you cannot work for the new employer, and after this date cannot work for the current employer.

regards

Use4free2
Newly Registered

Post by Use4free2 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 pm

WHen you say its possible.. could you elaborate it.. I want to make sure if for some reason new Visa fails then I can continue with my previous employer.. I presume if they know then I have to leave anyway.. :)
So, its important to understand what possible ways they can come to know..

Regards,
AC

ArgieBee
Ireland

Post by ArgieBee » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:55 am

NASSCOM requested that their members should be informed if any employee on an ICT visa applied for an alternative visa. This was rejected on data privacy grounds.

UKBA should not inform an employer if employee applies for a different visa. If you get it then that is a different matter, but by that stage you should be safe.