ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian visa for UK passport holder baby of Indian parents

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ranadip
Newly Registered

Indian visa for UK passport holder baby of Indian parents

Post by ranadip » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 am

Hi,

I am planning to go to India on holiday and have to apply for a visa for my 4 month old baby who holds a UK passport. I have found ambiguous information on the HCI and VFS websites, hence hoping to get some help from people who have handled the situation recently:
1. Should I apply for a tourist visa or an Entry visa? (This post http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75795 suggests a tourist visa is no longer given to children of parents who are of Indian origin. But I have found no such information in the official websites of HCI or VFS)
2. Both parents are holding Indian passport, so the visa application is only for the baby. Who should sign the application form? There is no mention of what needs to be done for babies - either a parent signing it or getting a thumb impression for the baby, etc.
3. What are the differences in requirements - while in India - for people with a tourist visa and those with entry visa? Do Entry visa holder still have to go for foreigner's registration?

An email to VFS hasn't been returned, so I am not hopeful of getting much information out of them without spending half a day to travel to their office, stand in a queue and then perhaps meet a person who knows the answers - if at all.

Any help will be gratefully acknowledged. Thank you

Regards,
Ranadip

ranadip
Newly Registered

Entry visa requirement confirmed by VFS Australia

Post by ranadip » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:36 pm

I found on this page http://www.vfs-in-au.net/entry.html it says:
Persons of Indian Origin, their spouses and dependant children would only be eligible for an entry visa and NOT for a tourist visa.

So, looks like the requirement for an entry visa is confirmed.[/img][/url]

ranadip
Newly Registered

Foreigner registration not required for children under 16

Post by ranadip » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:49 pm

That's what I found from the Ministry of External Affairs website, so it seems the registration criteria is immaterial in my case.
I wonder why they are charging almost double the fees for an Entry visa (6M) as compared to a tourist visa (6M)! Looks like the Indian government somehow thinks people of Indian origin should pay more than other foreigners if they want to visit India!