ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

husband's permanent residency visa and benefits claim

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

helenlagos
Newly Registered

husband's permanent residency visa and benefits claim

Post by helenlagos » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi there, we're looking for a bit of help with my husbands visa. I am british and my husband is american and currently on a two year spouse's visa with no recourse to public funds. We are about to apply for his permanent residency. We have a one year old daughter and receive child and working tax credit as a joint claim and I also receive child, housing and council tax benefit as I decided to stay at home with our baby rather than return straight back to work after my maternity allowance ended. My husband works full time (30 hours a week) as a mental healthcare worker and earns approx £11000 a year. We were told by the council that I was eligible for housing and council tax benefit and we informed them that my husband has no recourse to public funds but told that if claimed in my name this was fine. Now it's time to apply for my husbands visa I'm a bit worried and want to know if I should include a cover letter to explain that the claims are only in my name. I've only been claiming for 6 months and haven't claimed any benefits before other than maternity allowance, is that relevant information to include or not? And could my benefits affect his visa? Any help and information is very much apprecieted. Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:32 am

Your benefits will not affect his immigration status and there is no need to send a covering letter

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 am

Did you declare your husbands income in the CTC/WTC/CTB/HB claim?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

John

Post by John » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

To add to Wanderer's question, please confirm that the Tax Credits claim is in joint names.
John

helenlagos
Newly Registered

Post by helenlagos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Wanderer- Yes I did include all his financial information in the "your partner" section of all the forms but the claimant is named as myself only. The claims also have both our NI numbers as they ask for all your partners information in the claim.

John- Yes the tax credits were the only ones that we claimed jointly.

Thank you both for your help.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:21 pm

helenlagos wrote:Wanderer- Yes I did include all his financial information in the "your partner" section of all the forms but the claimant is named as myself only. The claims also have both our NI numbers as they ask for all your partners information in the claim.

John- Yes the tax credits were the only ones that we claimed jointly.

Thank you both for your help.
Seems pretty watertight!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tabs123
Newly Registered

Applying for Spouse visa

Post by tabs123 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi,
My wife has ILR and she has two kids from her ex husband and she is a housewife she doesn't work at all and claims Child, house, council and tax credit and child tax credit as well.
I am her husband and work full time 38 hours/week, I receive £13 pounds on my accounts as Child tax credit every week as we have a joint claim on child tax credit my salary is less than 15k.
my question is as I am going to apply for a spouse visa and in FLR (M) form there is a question says does my partner and I receive any benefits I am confused what to say there and will it affect my visa if money is coming in my account and her bank statement show only what she gets as a benefit.
And how much money should I have in my bank account at least.
Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks