ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier4 student visa refused under paragraph 320(7A)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

honey26
Newly Registered

Tier4 student visa refused under paragraph 320(7A)

Post by honey26 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:58 pm

My tier 4 student visa application has been refused under paragraph 320(7A). A CAS statement i lodged in is stating 'you have been awarded for international scholarship package which includes your tuition fee and accomodation'. I was asked to attend an interview and more than once, i told the ECO there was no scholarship and all the cost are being borne by myself. I rang my university afterwards and was confirmed this is a 'partial scholarship' package and i have been granted a discount on my tuition fee and free accomodation. I was unaware of this and i did not receive any formal letter from the university to explain this is a partial scholarship package. Furthermore, we hire a solicitor to help us along with this student visa application and she did not spot the error either. Anyway, we are going to apply for application of administrative review with a letter from university to confirm that i gave an unknowingly false representation. My question is will the administrative review quite straight forward? what else do i need to lodge in with the application of administrative review? my solicitor is quite confident with the whole process and even mentioned to apply for judicial review if the respond is not satisfactory. She seems confident to overturn the refusal decision and i will be issued entry clearance.But i rather re-apply for a fresh student visa application if the ECM does accept me unknowingly gave false representation but the refusal still stand. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Tier4 student visa refused under paragraph 320(7A)

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:08 pm

honey26 wrote:My tier 4 student visa application has been refused under paragraph 320(7A). A CAS statement i lodged in is stating 'you have been awarded for international scholarship package which includes your tuition fee and accomodation'. I was asked to attend an interview and more than once, i told the ECO there was no scholarship and all the cost are being borne by myself. I rang my university afterwards and was confirmed this is a 'partial scholarship' package and i have been granted a discount on my tuition fee and free accomodation. I was unaware of this and i did not receive any formal letter from the university to explain this is a partial scholarship package. Furthermore, we hire a solicitor to help us along with this student visa application and she did not spot the error either. Anyway, we are going to apply for application of administrative review with a letter from university to confirm that i gave an unknowingly false representation. My question is will the administrative review quite straight forward? what else do i need to lodge in with the application of administrative review? my solicitor is quite confident with the whole process and even mentioned to apply for judicial review if the respond is not satisfactory. She seems confident to overturn the refusal decision and i will be issued entry clearance.But i rather re-apply for a fresh student visa application if the ECM does accept me unknowingly gave false representation but the refusal still stand. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
My concern is 320(7A) and if you did not ask for review and applied afresh you would be automatically refused.

You did right think by asking for review.

Now my question is if ECO refused to review then you would be banned.

Not you?

Ali