ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 query - Conditions of stay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saikripa
Newly Registered

Extra work (Tier 2) - Urgent Queries

Post by Saikripa » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:42 am

I am planning to work extra, Please can you help me understanding this clauses on UKBA website for Tier 2 existing applicants:

Reference to link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... onditions/

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/
Extra jobs
In addition to the job specified in your certificate of sponsorship, you can do extra work if it is:

-in the same profession and at the same professional level as the job specified in your certificate of sponsorship;

-no more than 20 hours per week; and

-outside the working hours covered by your certificate of sponsorship.

If you start an extra job that meets these requirements, you do not need to tell us about it.

You can do voluntary work in any sector. You must not be paid or receive other money for the voluntary work, except reasonable expenses as described in section 44 of the National Minimum Wage Act. See the OPSI website on the right of this page for more information about the National Minimum Wage Act.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

My Certificate of sponsorship indicate 40 hours per week.

My understanding reading above clause is 'I can work for extra 20 hours per week within same profession indicated in my certificate of sponsorship'. I don't need any sponsorship for extra work i.e I can utilise my skillset at other work place without notifying my exisiting employer. My Employer won't be supporting me to get my HSMP done.

Please help if anyone came across same situation. I am in need of another 10k to get my HSMP done. Ready to work extra but what does UKBA clause indicate, if you can help me in understanding these norms. Don't want to create mess with my existing stay.

Regards