ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement (VAF4A) Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Iman230

Settlement (VAF4A) Questions

Post by Iman230 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi All

I am new to this forum and I just needed some advice on some parts to the Settlement Visa form.

My background is as follows:

I am a UK Citizen age 25 years, born and raised in the UK, and will be getting married to my partner in about 2 weeks time by Court marriage in Africa. My Wife to be, being a African resident age 20, and to be 21 in 2011.

To relate to the form:

Question 1

Part 6:
6.3 - Have you ever been refused a Visa for any country including the UK.
Note: She had applied for a Student Visa last year which was successful, however prior to being granted it was referred and corrected due to funds, is this classed as a refusal?

Question 2

Part 8.4 - Relationship to Sponsor

8.4.2 When did you meet your sponsor
Note: Does my partner put when I first met her in a non relationship capacity, be it the first time was back in 2008?

8.4.4 When did your relationship begin
Note: Is this OK when we actually declared we were seeing each other, even if this was while she was studying in the UK.

Question 3

Part 8.7 Sponsor's Current Finances and Employment

8.7.13 Does your Sponsor receive any money from Public funds and or benefits

Note: I currently work full time and recently applied and receive tax credits (Government Benefit) which is spent on travel and medical expenses, if this is declared as a benefit will this work against my application, can anyone advise.

Part 9

What recommendation can anyone give for this section for the additional information, what would be good things to add in this section. Would photo's, personal testimonials etc be suffice?

Also: If I am living with my parents, and I intend to bring my new spouse to my parental accomodation, where the current address is rented, what will i need to provide as evidence?

and based on the information, what grounds can my application be refused?

Hope anyone can help

Kind regards

zeddy zed

Re: Settlement (VAF4A) Questions

Post by zeddy zed » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:18 pm

hey there

before anything else ,can you tell us when you intending to apply for the visa as they are other things which need to be taken into account.
Last edited by zeddy zed on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:21 pm

1) what exactly do you mean that it was corrected?
2) When you met was the first time you met. When your relationship began is when it was more than friendship. You have to be honest plus it's fine to be in a relationship with someone on a student status.
3) you're allowed to claim anything you're entitled to as your british. If she were claiming benefits then that would be a problem.

The additional info section is for explanations of things. You don't need anything extra. They will simply not care.

For accomm proof you'll need a letter from the landlord stating that it's okay for you and your wife to live there. You'll also need the tenancy agreement and a letter from your parents saying it's okay that your wife comes to live with you. Make sure the accommodation will not be over crowded. You might want to take pictures and measurements of the rooms to prove that there will be sufficient room.

Your application will not be refused as long as you're completely honest and have suitable accommodation and funds.
I tell it like it is.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:30 pm

zeddy zed wrote:hey there

before anything else ,can you tell us when you intending to apply for the visa as they are other things which need to be taken into account.
I understand what points need to be taken in to account, as my spouse to be is yet to turn 21, so collecting the information in advance.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:35 pm

ElenaW wrote:1) what exactly do you mean that it was corrected?
2) When you met was the first time you met. When your relationship began is when it was more than friendship. You have to be honest plus it's fine to be in a relationship with someone on a student status.
3) you're allowed to claim anything you're entitled to as your british. If she were claiming benefits then that would be a problem.

The additional info section is for explanations of things. You don't need anything extra. They will simply not care.

For accomm proof you'll need a letter from the landlord stating that it's okay for you and your wife to live there. You'll also need the tenancy agreement and a letter from your parents saying it's okay that your wife comes to live with you. Make sure the accommodation will not be over crowded. You might want to take pictures and measurements of the rooms to prove that there will be sufficient room.

Your application will not be refused as long as you're completely honest and have suitable accommodation and funds.
1. I don't understand what you mean by Not corrected? :?

2. So when I first met, could be a time when I first saw this person and was introduced as a distant relative of some sort etc? So e.g I could have first met my spouse to be like at a wedding or something and then saw her again a year later while she was studying in my country, which then developed in to more than friendship? and therefore both the dates are different and so is this fine?

Note: Honesty is the best policy!

3. So if I am currently claiming Tax Credits, and this is not to support her but assist me in topping my wages, this can be perfectly fine in leiu of my application? What impact will this have on my application for bringing my spouse?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:44 am

1. I didn't say not corrected. I asked what you meant by corrected?
2. Yes it can be two different dates. Needs to be the truth whatever it is.
3. No if you're eligible for them as a single person then the tax credits will not have any impact on her application.
I tell it like it is.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:39 pm

1. I meant corrected, as the first application was evidencing half of what the amount in terms of finance was to be declared, and upon resubmission, a further amount was evidenced to help support the application which was then approved and granted.

2. With the dates again, weather we first met as friends or far family 1 Year ago or 2 years should have no impact on when we actually declared our relationship as more than far relation or even friends.

3. So as long as the tax credits are not used to settle the sponsor and there is evidence of own funds and savings, this should be suffice?