ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit refusal

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vasant
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit refusal

Post by vasant » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi I am living in UK for 5 years and have recently got my EEA registration certificate. I am a Dutch Citizen not working because of my disability. I am in receipt of Disability Living Allowance and in receipt of Incapacity Benefits from 2005.

Have been married in December 2009 and my partner have applied for EEA Family Permit from Sri Lanka, but the UK Border Agency have refused her application, because I am living on public funds. I am not able work because of my disability because of that, I receive those benefits.
Please can someone give advice what I have to do.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Since you moved to the UK, have you worked? Did your disability worsen, whilst you were here?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

vasant
Newly Registered

medical certificate

Post by vasant » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:02 pm

avjones wrote:Since you moved to the UK, have you worked? Did your disability worsen, whilst you were here?
I am on Medical certificate since 2005 stating unsuitable for work due disability