ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa spouse of Tier 1 General holder- Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Amaar H
Newly Registered

Dependant visa spouse of Tier 1 General holder- Funds

Post by Amaar H » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi, I am a Tier 1 General visa holder (been in UK since 2007; expiring June 2012). I got married this month when I went back to Karachi, Pakistan for the wedding. I am now applying for my wife's visa (as a dependant). She is currently in Karachi and she and I are both Pakistani citizens. I have been informed that I'm required to show £3,300 mainteneace funds for last 3 months in my current account.

The amount is not a problem and I can easily show in excess of £3,300 for last 3 months, however, I keep most of my cash in my e-savings account and transfer money to my current account on a need basis. The e-savings is an "on demand" account and I can withdraw money at any time by trabsferring cash to my current account, without any difficulty / penalties etc. When the monthly salary comes in, I transfer it to the e-savings so that it earns interest.

Would some one in the forum please advise me if this will be a problem, i.e. that that my maintenance funds are in a savings account (i.e. the e-savings account) and not in my current account. Or as long as the account is an immeiodate withdrawal acount, it will not be a problem.

Many thanks!

drmastoi

Hi

Post by drmastoi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi ammar

Having e- saving account is no problem, you can use it as maintainance,
Some saving accounts dosnt have official bank statement issued. One has to print ,stamp ,and get letter from bank.Etc if tht is ur case.

Gud luck

nm
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant visa spouse of Tier 1 General holder- Funds

Post by nm » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Amaar H wrote: I have been informed that I'm required to show £3,300 mainteneace funds for last 3 months in my current account.

Hi,

Ist really to have 3300 £ or 800+533 £.?