ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Test Questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zcool
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Test Questions

Post by zcool » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:36 pm

Hi All,

Found an excellent website for those preparing for the Life in the UK test.

There are 720 Questions to practice with, you will definitley be prepared if you use this resource, so many people have recommended this to me, I just passed my test on Thursday. After studying 720 question I was totally prepared.

The website is:

Hope people find this useful

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Re: British Citizenship Test Questions

Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:41 am

zcool wrote:Hi All,

Found an excellent website for those preparing for the Life in the UK test.

There are 720 Questions to practice with, you will definitley be prepared if you use this resource, so many people have recommended this to me, I just passed my test on Thursday. After studying 720 question I was totally prepared.

The website is:

Hope people find this useful
It would be very disappointing if you are associated with this site and are using our forum to advertise.

Maybe you have something of substance to add?

The Admin

[ On EDIT :

I direct everyones attention to this recent announcement :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10027
-> Announcements -> Policy change regarding member websites

]

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:17 am

Sooooo....are you are going to tell us what the website is, Admin?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:13 pm

I removed the link, pending further input from zcool.

We have no issues with people providing a supporting link or three toward a topic. Even (in most cases) should it link to a competitors site.

However, this site referenced by zcool has appeared several times in the forum now, without really being particularly "in-context." After visiting the site, I (and others who reviewed it) have a concern that this may be nothing more than a circumvention of our non-advertising policy.

Since that policy has been abused more and more during the course of the summer, we will crack down on it a bit and see if folks would like to play nice.

zcool : If you are not associated with the site and not advertsiing it with our services, I will certainly allow you to publish a testimonial topic to your experience.

However, what you posted so far really didn't seem a sincere, personal experience with a product that you'd like to give a friendly nod toward.

If we're wrong about this, please accept our apologies and we'll allow you to add to this topic, the link and (especially) requested a somewhat more detailed testimony beyond 'This is great! Go now!'. If other members wish to step forward and offer support, we would certainly appreciate hearing from you.

Some members reviews of this product would be considered a valuable addition to our forum resources ... so long as they are genuiune and provide substance.

Our concern is that members post original, direct experience content. That is the reason we maintain this forum.

That is to be distinguished from folks who sign up here with the sole intention of promoting a product, either for themselves or another interest.

If folks think I'm acting a bit harsh, take a moment and consider that the forum will be shut down if it turns into an advertising/SPAM festival ... that is a decision outside my control.

One I am sincerely vested in preventing.

The Admin

[ P.S. --

I left more than enough information intact (the entire post sans link) so that some educated googling will turn the site up, if someone is serious about locating it. ]

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:05 am

P.S. --

zcool has been banned for posting the same advertisement multiple times.

Had he replied publically here, maybe there was a good reason for his posts. But, we have decided they were SPAM.

We also checked the website & determined they were violating disclosure laws for a business operating a domain. The domain has been reported to the hosting and registration services.

We're open to discussing it, but ignoring replies by the Admin and PM's and disguising your contact information ...

Bad ideas if you want to participate around here.

Thanks for listening, folks.

The Admin

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:56 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.