ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Gap Between Visas

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

schindler

ILR Gap Between Visas

Post by schindler » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:18 am

Hello,
I came to the UK on a 1 year work permit in Jan2006 and was here in the UK until end of Jan2007.Left before the WP expiry and came back through HSMP in March2007.Ever since then I have stayed in the UK and currently on Tier1.
There is a 6 week visa gap between my WP and HSMP. Ignoring the visa gap I would complete 5 years in Jan2011.

I am thinking of doing a postal application for ILR in Jan2011.I appreciate that several members of the forum would say my visa gap would have reset my clock and my ILR won't be possible,but I have seen several threads on this forum with some getting ILR at the case worker's discretion.Can those members of the forum who have got their ILR with gaps please help/direct me.

I also own a House in the UK and been economically active all this while.

I recently came across this

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

and Annexe A says this:

Discretion in cases where continuous residence has been broken
In addition, time spent here may exceptionally be aggregated, and continuity not insisted upon, in cases where:
•
there have been no absences abroad (apart from those described in the paragraph above) and authorised employment or business here has not been broken by any interruptions of more than three months or amounting to more than six months in total;
or
•
there have been longer absences abroad, provided the absences were for compelling grounds either of a compassionate nature or for reasons related to the applicant's employment or business in the United Kingdom. None of the absences abroad should be of more than three months duration, and they must not amount to more than six months in total for the whole five year period..

Any one please advise if the above would be applicable to me?

Thanks for reading and have a nice day

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Gap Between Visas

Post by wunder » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:51 pm

schindler wrote:Any one please advise if the above would be applicable to me?
I'm afraid not - these rules apply to holders of valid work permits who spend time abroad (while on work permit).

Your visa gap did reset your ILR clock.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 pm