ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and traffic offence CU80

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fromrussia
Newly Registered

Naturalisation and traffic offence CU80

Post by fromrussia » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been due for naturalisation since March 2010 but few days after i was due i got a FPN for using a mobile phone whilst driving. I paid the £60 fine. A month later i got a summon to court for the offence. I phoned the prosecuting police officer and was told i did not surrender my licence and thats why the case is being taken to court. Apparently i surrendered the licence when i was stopped and it was the officer that made a mistake by returning it to me. To cut long story short the court made me pay back the £60 bcos it was refunded to me by the police and took 3 points off my licence. I have heard that cases taken to court and where a fine is imposed would have to wait 5years. I feel aggrieved bcos it was a FPN which i did not dispute but bcos of the police mistake the case went to court. Is there any chance of my application being successful moreso the judge still imposed the same fine and penalty as that which i would have paid under the FPN.

Secondly: Is liability order from the court a civil judgement and do i have to declare it. The council tax has now been fully paid.

Please anybody advice. 5 years is a long time to wait.