ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there discretion on 10 years automatic refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

elliothammer
Newly Registered

Is there discretion on 10 years automatic refusal

Post by elliothammer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Once one has been refused visa and warned with 10 years automatic refusal, does it mean that the person will automatically be refused visa in the next 10 years or there is still some discretion on granting the visa?!

Thnak you

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Assuming the refusal was correct, then it's Subject to 320(7C).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

elliothammer
Newly Registered

Post by elliothammer » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks Vinny, I was aware of the law. I was just wondering whether anyone knows how it works in practice in other words do the entry clearance officers have any discretion to grant the visa or it will be automatically refused?

Thanks

Ena
Newly Registered

Re: Is there discretion on 10 years automatic refusal

Post by Ena » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi Vinni
I wondering if anyone could help me with my questions.
I would like invite my mother in law to visit her granchildrens in UK.
Last year (2016) she got refused and in her refusal letter says automatic refusal period for up to 10 years because she used false bank statement .On that time she applied as a turist didnt mentioned that she got relatives here .
This year i am trying to send her invitation letter with supporting declaration .we will financial support her also she got 2 properties over there and she is employed
I would like to know how likely she wil get visa? Does it worth to apply or she get refused automatically( as her previous appl stated) ??
I just wanna make myself clear that if she shows strong ties back home and sufficent amount on her account , even if we provide our financial support on her new application will she get refused up to 2026?

Looking forward to hearing from u asap
Thx

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is there discretion on 10 years automatic refusal

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Ena wrote:Hi Vinni
I wondering if anyone could help me with my questions.
I would like invite my mother in law to visit her granchildrens in UK.
Last year (2016) she got refused and in her refusal letter says automatic refusal period for up to 10 years because she used false bank statement .On that time she applied as a turist didnt mentioned that she got relatives here .
This year i am trying to send her invitation letter with supporting declaration .we will financial support her also she got 2 properties over there and she is employed
I would like to know how likely she wil get visa? Does it worth to apply or she get refused automatically( as her previous appl stated) ??
I just wanna make myself clear that if she shows strong ties back home and sufficent amount on her account , even if we provide our financial support on her new application will she get refused up to 2026?

Looking forward to hearing from u asap
Thx
Please refrain from digging up topics that are almost 7 years old. The rules have moved on and become tougher since 2010 due to abuse of the visitor visas.

You have a topic, continue your questions there please.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.