ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Required Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Cisadi

Required Documents

Post by Cisadi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:26 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ocuments/#

This page states.

Documents required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom

Evidence of lawful residence during the residential qualifying period

â– You should provide your passport. If you are unable to provide your passport, you should explain why on page 13 of the application form.

â– If you do not provide your passport, you should provide letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the qualifying period.

â– If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom because you:

â– have the right of abode in the United Kingdom; or
â– are a national of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus or
â– a national of Taiwan.

"You should send your passport and alternative evidence of residence in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments to show your presence in the United Kingdom during the qualifying period."

Could some one please clarify which documents could be used to fulfill the highlighted requirement ?

Thanks.

Markie

Re: Required Documents

Post by Markie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:32 am

best approach is to use your P60s, Home office docs, bank statements if no passport.
Cisadi wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ocuments/#

This page states.

Documents required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom

Evidence of lawful residence during the residential qualifying period

â– You should provide your passport. If you are unable to provide your passport, you should explain why on page 13 of the application form.

â– If you do not provide your passport, you should provide letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the qualifying period.

â– If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom because you:

â– have the right of abode in the United Kingdom; or
â– are a national of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus or
â– a national of Taiwan.

"You should send your passport and alternative evidence of residence in the form of letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments to show your presence in the United Kingdom during the qualifying period."

Could some one please clarify which documents could be used to fulfill the highlighted requirement ?

Thanks.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 am

I think these documentions are in addition with the passport, correct ? or Have I misundersood ?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Yes, you have misunderstood :)
This is just bad formatting on UKBA website - you only need to send passport(s). The last bit only applies to "If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom because you".

You will be better off reading official PDF guide from here - it has correct formatting and much more useful information (in other sections).

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks Wunder;

"Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application

• Your passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 13 and supply

• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period

If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom for example because you have a right of abode in the United Kingdom or you are a national of the “Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprusâ€

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Have a look at the last page of form AN (list of documents) - it clearly states:
• Your passports OR
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK
Your passport (or passports) should cover entire 5 years though.
Cisadi wrote:Should they not say "or" after the passport i.e. the first bullet point ?
It says "or" - but in a very confusing location (middle of first point).

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:12 pm

You are quite correct ! Form AN certainly states as below :

"SECTION 3 Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married or in civil partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application: required for applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom: required for all applicants

• Your passports OR

• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK"

The reason I am asking so Apprehensive about all this is the simplicity of naturalisation application and required documentation which is very unusual as far as dealing with UKBA is concerned.

BTW I have two passports and the stamps are on the older one which certainly covers last 5 Years that should be fine, right ?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Yes, that should be fine :)
In fact that's exactly my situation and exactly what I will be including in my application!

I think the difference of citizenship from everything else we've experienced before is that for citizenship UKBA expects us to be really settled down - so they don't want the 'paper trail' proof of our residence, instead they will check credit agencies, HMRC, local authorities, and police for information they have on us. That's why the amount of documents is usually rather minimal!

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:34 am

wunder wrote:instead they will check credit agencies
I've just checked my credit file, and there is no UKBA search registered.
So UKBA do not check CRAs (stealth searches would be illegal).
However there is registered search by IPS (for passport application).

Confused? :)

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:56 am

Was it timed correctly for your passport application? Considering that checks for citizenship and passport are rather similar it can be that IPS is doing them for Home Office :wink:

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 am

wunder wrote:Was it timed correctly for your passport application? Considering that checks for citizenship and passport are rather similar it can be that IPS is doing them for Home Office :wink:
It was IPS check for passport for sure.
I got approved for BC last year and only sent my passport application last Monday and IPS search was done last Wednesday.

Date Search Reason Company
19/01/2011 Unclassified Identity and Passport Service (I

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 am

Just to confirm, in my case

1. My application with form AN (Fees - £780)

2. My son's application with form MN1 (3 Years old) (£500)

and once I get the citizenship my wife can apply as she hasn't been in the UK for 5 years. (£780)

Right ?

Is there any more economical way to get this done ?

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 am

Cisadi wrote:Just to confirm, in my case

1. My application with form AN (Fees - £780)

2. My son's application with form MN1 (3 Years old) (£500)

and once I get the citizenship my wife can apply as she hasn't been in the UK for 5 years. (£780)

Right ?

Is there any more economical way to get this done ?
you have not provided enough data to comment on

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 am

Sorry; I confused my self with an another thread. The details are as below :

1. Myself, my wife and a 2 year son got ILR last year 3rd Feb 2010 from HSMP (Tier 1) Visa.

2. ILR is stamped on all three passports.

Please let me know if you need further info. Thanks

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:48 am

Also could a child minder who is ofsted registered be the first referee for my son ? She has known him from last 8 months.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Anyone ? Please. Thanks.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:58 am

When did you come over here?
When did your wife come over here?

For instance, if your wife will be here for 5 years say in June, then you may consider waiting a little and pay joint application fee (currently £1010) for both of you.
Kid will cost you £500 regardless although you may wait with his application after you become BC.

Cisadi

Post by Cisadi » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks.

Regarding my Son; could you please clarify

"although you may wait with his application after you become BC."

TRINITRON
Newly Registered

Letter with visa

Post by TRINITRON » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:26 am

Hi anyone, I'm a newly joined member and I haven't worked out the protocols yet. Please excuse me. I have ILR and have all relevant documents for application for citizensip apart from the letter that accompanies my visa when I received it in 2008. Is this letter very critical and how can I go about getting this replaced?

Thetruthprevials

confirmation

Post by Thetruthprevials » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi all, just to confirm: i qualify for this after 10yrs continous stay in the U.K. I just need a completed application form, passport and Life in the UK Test. Correct?

Tired
Newly Registered

Post by Tired » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Likely; however you need to give specific details of your scenario. Thanks.

Thetruthprevials

Post by Thetruthprevials » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:04 pm

Tired wrote:Likely; however you need to give specific details of your scenario. Thanks.
Hi, my scenario is not unique. I qualify for BC after 10yrs of residence. From what i understand, it seems i don't need anything else other than a completed form, passport and the test certificate

Tired
Newly Registered

Post by Tired » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Based on the info. you have given I agree that's all you need :-)