ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM REFUSED WITH NO RIGHT OF APPEAL.NEED URGENT ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alf32
Newly Registered

FLRM REFUSED WITH NO RIGHT OF APPEAL.NEED URGENT ADVICE

Post by alf32 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

My fiance applied for FLRM which has got refused with no right of appeal.
I am a British citizen and my partner is from Nigeria, he has overstayed for 3 years now as we have been in a relationship.(HE CAME TO UK ON VISITORS VISA) We submitted evidence of our 3 year relationship but was told I should go and live in Nigeria, this is not possible as I could not practice my religion in Nigeria, and I am also my elderly mothers main carrer. We are going out of our minds and I'm having many sleepless nights, our lawyer has said we will ask Home Office for a review, but not sure if he just wants to squeeze more money from us. Has anyone got any experience with matters of this nature, as would really appreciate some expert advice.
We are both very anxious

Many thanks

elv15

Post by elv15 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:58 pm

What did you apply for? Since he had no leave remaining at time of application, i assume it was DL you applied for? For pple to help, you gona have to provide more info including the wording of the refusal letter,
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

alf32
Newly Registered

Post by alf32 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:54 pm

We Applied for leave to remain FLRM(application for an extension of stay as the partner of a person settled in uk)

Entry clearance expired in 2007, the secretary of state is not satisfied that you have limited leave to remain.
It also states that we have failed to submit documentation covering the past 2 years and that secretary of state is not satisfied that we have been living together for past 2 years.

We submitted adequate documentation proving our relationship, rent recipets, mobile phone bills over 100 pictures,electoral register but they still say it was not satisfactory.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Its sounds like a correct refusal, if he ddnt have leave to remain at time of application he would be refused with no right to appeal. Also you say you sent all the evidence, was it covering the whole 2 years required for unmarried partner visa? You shouldnt have applied for that visa but for DL, but that is hard to get unless you got a strong case. Do you have kids and also you would have to make a good argument on why he cnt return to Nigeria to get the proper Visa.
Wait for other responses but im definatley sure it was a correct refusal.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:23 am

There was one episode of UK Border Force where it showed a spousal visa being issued in Lagos to a Nigerian man who was an overstayer so going back to Nigeria may be the best way to proceed

Imani
Newly Registered

Post by Imani » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:09 am

mochyn wrote:There was one episode of UK Border Force where it showed a spousal visa being issued in Lagos to a Nigerian man who was an overstayer so going back to Nigeria may be the best way to proceed
I saw that episode too.

Going back to apply for entry clearance may be the best option. He is subject to the english test though. Please seek legal advice and check your documents as well. It may be best if you are both present but if you cannot be there, he would need to supply as much evidence as possible.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Re: FLRM REFUSED WITH NO RIGHT OF APPEAL.NEED URGENT ADVICE

Post by shahzad80 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:07 am

Last edited by shahzad80 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: FLRM REFUSED WITH NO RIGHT OF APPEAL.NEED URGENT ADVICE

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:13 am

shahzad80 wrote:This is landmark judgment on childern in a case like yours.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKSC/2011/4.html

Shahzad
It's not clear if the OP has any children.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.