ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after 6 years of EEA residence, without PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sasim
Newly Registered

Post by sasim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 pm

@noodles :Congrates
As per ur advise I called naturalisation office and they STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that i should apply for PR rather than naturalisation due to divorce(even after 6 and a half years of marriage). so i applied for PR 2 days ago.

noodles

Post by noodles » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:24 am

Sasim,

They're correct, it's better you have a pending PR case with the HO after then apply for naturalisation once you meet the 6 year mark.

easy77

Post by easy77 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:18 am

@ noodles, this is interesting to know!!! My case is kind of similar to yours, received RC august 2003, applied for PR august 2008, divorced sept 2009 cos of child bearing issues nd infidelity, application refused march 2010 and lost 2 appeals cos of inadequate proof of eea exercising treaty rights, managed to get documents from eea, re-applied and got COA august 2010, waiting to receive PR. Been wondering if I can apply for BC immediately after receiving PR. Can u pls advice me of the needed documentation and what the covering letter should look like?

katosh
Newly Registered

divorced

Post by katosh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:42 pm

I am currently a divorced non EEA family member, I had been previously married for over 5 years to an EU national in total have 7 years since I received my initial 5 years residence. Here are the time lines.

Granted residence permit in 2004

divorced in 2009, 5 years and 8 months (decree absolute) after marriage, Decree Nisi issued 3 months before divorce, divorce proceedings started after 5 years and 3 months of marriage.

I now have over 7years with a residence permit.

I have just received my PR after a long ping pong with the HO.

Can I naturalise straight away?