ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about AN Form for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elenita
Newly Registered

Questions about AN Form for British citizenship

Post by elenita » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:00 am

Hi,

I'm filling in Form AN (Application for naturalisation as a British citizen - Sep 2010) and I have a few questions which I couldn't get the Home Office to answer for me. I wonder if you could help me please.

My partner and I arrived to London in July 2005 with a UK Unmarried Partner VISA (he's EEA member). Two years later that visa expired and instead I got an EEA Family Member residence card for 5 years (forms EEA1&2) as advised by the Home Office back then. In July 2011 it will be 6 years since we've been living and working in the UK and I understand that I can apply for BC. My questions about the form are the following:

1. In section 2.4 on the form, what should I complete as the basis of stay in the UK during the first two months that I was looking for a job when I arrived to the UK?

2. In section 5 on referees, how long in advance can I ask for references? Can referees sign the form 6 months prior to submitting the application?

3. I'm a family member of an EEA national. We arrived together to London on 26/07/2005 with the intention of settling down in the UK. I started looking for work as soon as I arrived and I started my first employment on 03/10/2005. Have my Treaty Rights been excercised since 27/07/2005 or since 03/10/2005?

4. On supporting documents section 4, evidence of settlement, what evidence do I need to present while I was living with my EEA partner but not yet married? My husband and I started living together in Argentina in Jan 2003, came to the UK in July 2005 as unmarried partners, and we got married in Aug 2009.

5. I have my P60s for the first 5 years. Do I also need to present a letter of employment from my employeers?

Thank you very much.

Elena

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:08 am

You can't apply in either case before 26 July 2011.
So, I'd save your and your refs time (and money if you're tipping them) and start to fill in appplication form not sooner than in July as forms (and rules) can change by then.

Am not sure about you exercising Treaty Rights for at least 5 years prior to obtaining PR status as you were not EEA family member when you arrived.