ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plz help, provincial nomination

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

handsomeishere

plz help, provincial nomination

Post by handsomeishere » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:24 pm

hi all, plz reply, i was nominated by the manitoba province as one of my first cousins live there, i am currrently in scotland so i applied for permanent residency to the london canadian embassy along with my wife, in july 2010, our medical tests were done in november, but my wife is still in pakistan as she could not get the uk visa, when i applied for the permanent residency i was on PSW, now i have applied for tier 1 general in january 2011, i want to know if i am refused the tier 1 general do i need to ask london canadian embassy to forward my case to pakistan, or if i get a visa and then i get a call from canadian embassy to submit our passports so how can i submit my wife passport as she is in pakistan, and any idea how long does it take after the medicals are done,

plz help thanks in advance,

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: plz help, provincial nomination

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 pm

do i need to ask london canadian embassy to forward my case to pakistan
Not necessarily. If you are called for an interview, you would need to attend that in person (as may your wife). If the application was filed in London and you can’t get to London for an interview, that would be an issue. In that case, you would need to transfer the file to Pakistan. However, considering that this was provincial nomination and they have asked for the medical, you most likely will not be asked for an interview. They still might, depending on security clearance, but it is very rare to be called for an interview after they have asked for medical. But, as rare as it maybe, they still might.
if i get a visa and then i get a call from canadian embassy to submit our passports so how can i submit my wife passport as she is in pakistan
You may submit your wife’s passport, but you need to verify with Pakistan government if your wife can send the passport abroad. Some countries do not allow passports to be mailed abroad. Also, if your wife is the main applicant (which doesn’t seem to be the case here), she would need to write a letter of authorisation to allow you to submit and receive the passport from/to Canadian consulate in London. It might be a good idea to get that letter from her, even if she is not the main applicant.

Ray

handsomeishere

Re: plz help, provincial nomination

Post by handsomeishere » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 am

raymasa2 wrote:
do i need to ask london canadian embassy to forward my case to pakistan
Not necessarily. If you are called for an interview, you would need to attend that in person (as may your wife). If the application was filed in London and you can’t get to London for an interview, that would be an issue. In that case, you would need to transfer the file to Pakistan. However, considering that this was provincial nomination and they have asked for the medical, you most likely will not be asked for an interview. They still might, depending on security clearance, but it is very rare to be called for an interview after they have asked for medical. But, as rare as it maybe, they still might.
if i get a visa and then i get a call from canadian embassy to submit our passports so how can i submit my wife passport as she is in pakistan
You may submit your wife’s passport, but you need to verify with Pakistan government if your wife can send the passport abroad. Some countries do not allow passports to be mailed abroad. Also, if your wife is the main applicant (which doesn’t seem to be the case here), she would need to write a letter of authorisation to allow you to submit and receive the passport from/to Canadian consulate in London. It might be a good idea to get that letter from her, even if she is not the main applicant.

Ray
thanks very much ray, that was very helpful, r u in canada ?