ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of UK net salaries (after tax) :

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dextar

Post by dextar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 am

There will be another field for Gross Pay or Total Gross Pay. That amount you have to use. I've similar items on my payslip just like you. But I've two additional things total gross pay and total net pay as well.

abhijack wrote:my uk payslip shows the following figures...

1.taxable pay
2.non taxable pay
3.total payments (1+2)
4.total deductions
5.net pay (3-4)

should i add all taxable pays (i.e 1) or total payments (i.e 3) to calculate my earnings?

and net pay (5) is shown in bak statements..hope this wouldnt be a problem too?

plz advise....

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:48 am

Don't forget new tax bands etc coming in and currently in force due to the 10p tax band fiasco last year.

Also bear in mind that tax year is from April to April, so if you are starting new work lets say in September you will end up paying less tax than you normally would as your pay from September-April will be using the April-April tax allowance, so your monthly salary would seem more than you should normally get until the tax year resets next April.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

ssvgopal

Post by ssvgopal » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:19 am

In the guidance to Tier 1(Skilled category) visa application, there is specific mention of what constitutes income. This does not include travel allowance. Please have a read of the guidance for more information.

Allowed sources of income :
* salaries (including full-time, part-time, and bonuses);
* earnings from self-employment;
* earnings from business activities;
* statutory maternity pay and contractual maternity pay;
* allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of your remuneration package;
* dividends paid by a company, where it is a company in which you are active in the day-to-day management, or where you receive the dividend as part or all of your remuneration package;
* income from property rental, where this forms part of your business; and
* payment in lieu of notice (a payment made instead of requiring an employee to work the normal period of notice when leaving a job).

shail_v
Newly Registered

Tax evasion?

Post by shail_v » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:03 am

webhunter wrote:It is true that atleast in India, there are many ways you can avoid tax to a significant extent. For example, House loan or premiun bonds etc.,

But such stuff is not possible in UK :-) , I payed tax both in India and UK, so you can put some weight on what I just said .
There is a different between tax evasion and reducing your tax liablity. Can you show a home loan w/o buying a home? I am sure UK would also have something similar.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:59 am

What a good HMR&C system is.

In first year I pay tax at BR code and next year I was given new code that is L647. I went to online tax return and file my all deductions, it was found that I paid more tax then I was to pay, as a result, I recieved 1250£ return from HMR&C.

Good system I should say.

Ta
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

vks

Post by vks » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:56 am

Alishah wrote:What a good HMR&C system is.

In first year I pay tax at BR code and next year I was given new code that is L647. I went to online tax return and file my all deductions, it was found that I paid more tax then I was to pay, as a result, I recieved 1250£ return from HMR&C.

Good system I should say.

Ta
Very few individuals who appreciate a public service..Good to hear.
Regards,
vks

Tim555

Re: List of UK net salaries (after tax) :

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 am

gulgon wrote:Since the jobs ads only give gross annual salary, I thought this list of UK Net salaries (after tax) might be helpful for everyone:

http://netsalary.blogspot.com/
welldone
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

eddieandrews4
Newly Registered

Post by eddieandrews4 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:59 am

gulgon wrote:Since the jobs ads only give gross annual salary, I thought this list of UK Net salaries (after tax) might be helpful for everyone:

http://netsalary.blogspot.com/

That's one good information regarding UK Salaries. Good Work Especially Calculation ;). Keep it up Man. :wink:

dancerJWKS
Newly Registered

Post by dancerJWKS » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi

When calculating the net salary, shall I include my car cash allowance into it? and shall I deduct NI as well?

dancerJWKS

nelson22
Newly Registered

Post by nelson22 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:18 am

Yes, thank you so much! What a great list of information.

Caroline_4
Newly Registered

Employment offers and job seekers

Post by Caroline_4 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 am

when calculating the net pay, shall I include my car cash allowance into it? And shall I deduct NI as healthy?

AugustoZorik
Newly Registered

Post by AugustoZorik » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:17 am

Hey guys I have a big question! I'm an european citizen, and I want to go live and work in england for a minimum of 3 years, but the thing is that I've researched a lot and I still don't know which better would be the better, I'm looking for an all-in-one city, which has a low unemployment rate, a high average salary, and it's cheap, of course this is relative, and possibly an utopia, I know it but maybe the guys living there can help me out a bit here. Thanks.

afsarsal
Newly Registered

Post by afsarsal » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:31 am

thanks I was looking for this.
UK is the lowest for IT as I understand.