ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa -- Sponsor on public funds

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KKD

Settlement Visa -- Sponsor on public funds

Post by KKD » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 pm

hello,

just a quicky and would need everyones advise on this. My mother lives in a one bedroom flat and on housing benefit, she does not get the full benefit as she is also working.

Now she intends to bring my little sister who is 16. My question here is:

1. will she be refused because the sponsor partly relies on benefit
2. is the 1bed flat be seen as enough accommodation for both of them?

if the first question is is true that she will be denied the visa, i also read from their website about benefit which has got be confused, please see below

MAA2 Public funds
UK Border Agency: Public funds

There is no objection to the British citizen/settled sponsor receiving any public funds to which he/she is entitled in his/her own right.

Details on current benefit and tax rates (means and non-means tested)

The fact that an applicant may not be eligible to claim public funds is not in itself sufficient to satisfy the requirements of the Rules.

If the sponsor is in receipt of public funds, it does not mean that they will be unable to support the applicant, although clearly a person who is heavily dependent on the state because they don't have sufficient means of their own will find it difficult to support another person for any length of time.

The important factor to consider is whether there will be a need for the sponsor to claim additional public funds to support the applicant if leave to enter granted.

Bear in mind that in some exceptional cases an applicant may be able to claim in their own right the public funds listed. This is either as a result of reciprocal arrangements between the UK and their home country, or as a result of the fact that they will be married to / living with a British citizen /EEA national. Where these exceptional circumstances apply, the applicant should not be treated as having recourse to public funds.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:45 pm

first question where is her father?
pennyless

KKD

Post by KKD » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:15 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:first question where is her father?
the father is back home as well but it has always been my mom looking after us, he has never had a say in what we do and what we have become today, my mom has solely supported her financially and not a penny from him, pls not dissing but its the truth am saying, so any help or suggestion is welcomed.