ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IDR — How long are postal applications taking?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sdiddy
Newly Registered

IDR — How long are postal applications taking?

Post by sdiddy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm currently on a UK Ancestry visa, about to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

I'm trying to work out how long postal applications are taking at the moment so I can determine how long I will be without my passport. Ideally I'd like to try to avoid having to make the application in person and paying the additional fee.

Has anyone successfully applied recently? How long did it take?

Many thanks,

Scott

joh118

Re: IDR — How long are postal applications taking?

Post by joh118 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:08 pm

sdiddy wrote:I'm currently on a UK Ancestry visa, about to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

I'm trying to work out how long postal applications are taking at the moment so I can determine how long I will be without my passport. Ideally I'd like to try to avoid having to make the application in person and paying the additional fee.

Has anyone successfully applied recently? How long did it take?

Many thanks,

Scott
no one can really say. Anything from 4 weeks to 4 or 5 or even 6 months!

If time is really valuable for you, just pay the extra for the premium application. (As long as you have a strightforward case)

good luck!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:37 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!