ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport renewal in London - queries

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes . That is the main reason i went for same day service . Submitted @ 10am got it around 3 pm .

Better to pay 40 £ extra ...than have sleepless nights without passport . And to be frank Indian embasyy is not a place who really cares for people's stuff ..Sorry to say that .But experience taught me that .

sushdmehta wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Never got down to having it done .. yet! Hence, another query ...

Do they return the current-but-expiring-soon or expired passport when the application for re-issue is submitted? Or do they keep it in their custody until a new one is collected?

regards
They keep it.

regards

suj_ram27
Newly Registered

Authorisation letter copy

Post by suj_ram27 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:25 am

Does any one have a sample copy of authorisation letter to be produced to take my wife's passport along with mine?

Appreciate any help

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:59 am

Application submission
Passport submitted for renewal: 03/03/2011
Reached IHC London: 07:00
Token no. received: 06
Called to window: 09:35
Out of building: 09:40

Documents Submitted
1. Current-but-expiring-soon passport.
2. Application form, duly filled (electronically) and signed (by hand).
3. Photocopy of first, last and the current UK visa page.
(The IHC website states that photocopy of all non-blank pages is to be submitted, but all other pages - other than the above - were returned).
4. Two photographs (handed them separately, not attached / pasted on the form).
5. Fees in cash.

New passport collection
Collection date given: 10/03/2011
Date passport(s) collected: 11/03/2011
Reached IHC London: 15:30
Passport(s) collected: 16:30

Had a backpack on both occasions, which was checked both times on entry. On the day of application submission, there were people with cabin bags, baby strollers, handbags etc. and no one was denied entry. This said, a metal board nailed to the embassy wall does state that for security reasons bags are not allowed inside the premises.

Hope this helps.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 pm

sushdmehta wrote:[2. Application form, duly filled (electronically) and signed (by hand).
1- Can i just confirm that you used form below:

http://hcilondon.in/pdf/pdfform_1.pdf

2- Secondly is there only one queue in morning at HCI. I remember soemone mentioning that there are two seperate queues?

Thanks
J

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:19 pm

1. Form available on the website.
2. One queue.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Form available on the website.
2. One queue.
Thanks. One more thing,. Is there a particular requirement for the photos to be less than a month old or something like that?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:42 pm

If you appearance has changed since the photograph was taken or if the person who attends to you "feels" so, you may have a problem.

Other than that I cannot say.

surajban

Post by surajban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:53 am

Hi,

I have to renew Indian passport, the address on the passport is other than the address on the marriage certificate (marriage certificate address is latest)

Now if i want to renew with the new address i don't have the address proof (utility bills etc..) so i thought about renewing with the old address but if i do it that does it come under deception.

I hope i put my points clear but if there is anything which been missed please put forward.

Please help.
Kind Regards
Suraj

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm

surajban wrote:Hi,

I have to renew Indian passport, the address on the passport is other than the address on the marriage certificate (marriage certificate address is latest)

Now if i want to renew with the new address i don't have the address proof (utility bills etc..) so i thought about renewing with the old address but if i do it that does it come under deception.

I hope i put my points clear but if there is anything which been missed please put forward.

Please help.
Kind Regards
Suraj
Why would it be deception ?

You can use the address you have on your old passport to continue onto your new passport. Only in the event that you want to get it changed, you need address proof to be submitted.

Why do you want to submit your marriage certificate ? Are you going for a name change as well ?

surajban

Post by surajban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 pm

krazydude wrote:
surajban wrote:Hi,

Please help.
Kind Regards
Suraj
Why would it be deception ?

You can use the address you have on your old passport to continue onto your new passport. Only in the event that you want to get it changed, you need address proof to be submitted.

Why do you want to submit your marriage certificate ? Are you going for a name change as well ?
Thanks for your reply,

I am happy to keep the old passport address to new passport address even i don't want to submit marriage certificate at this time.

But in may 2011 i am going for ILR at that time i will be submitting my old passport, new passport and marriage certificate so at that time will there be any issue:

Old passport: address xyz in sep 2000
marriage cert: address abc in july 2007
new passport: address xyz in apr 2011 (same as old passport)

Kind Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:15 pm

surajban, the address in the passport doesn't necessarily have to be your "permanent" or "current" address. And "address in foreign passport" has no relevance to a settlement application.

The simple fact is - you may choose to have any address in the passport - same as old, one on marriage certificate, your current UK address, any other - your choice! But, for the address to be different in the new passport (from the one in the old / current one), you'll need to provide documentary evidence.

e.g.- having any address in the passport other than your "current UK address" at the time of application should be "deception", if your assumption were to be correct! But no one prefers to have a UK address in an Indian passport (or at least people I know of).
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

surajban

Post by surajban » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:22 pm

sushdmehta wrote:surajban, the address in the passport doesn't necessarily have to be your "permanent" or "current" address. And "address in foreign passport" has no relevance to a settlement application.

The simple fact is - you may choose to have any address in the passport - same as old, one on marriage certificate, your current UK address, any other - your choice! But, for the address to be different in the new passport (from the one in the old / current one), you'll need to provide documentary evidence.
Thanks a lot sushdmehta, I can go for the new passport next week.
Thanks again.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:16 am

e.g.- having any address in the passport other than your "current UK address" at the time of application should be "deception", if your assumption were to be correct! But no one prefers to have a UK address in an Indian passport (or at least people I know of).
My last Indian Passport (which I surrendered to get an OCI) had my current UK address on it. I had to submit address proof (utility bill) to get a UK address on it.

surajban

Post by surajban » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Any clue if the indian passport office in london open on saturday.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Visiting the website would have helped!
HCI -> Contact Us -> When wrote:The working hours of the High Commission of India on all working days are from 0915 hours to 1745 hours, Monday to Friday, except closed holidays and where the High Commission of India is closed on rare occasions under the directives of the Government of India to mark events.

suj_ram27
Newly Registered

Passport Renewal at Indian embassy

Post by suj_ram27 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Application submission
Passport submitted for renewal: 16/03/2011
Reached IHC London: 06:40
Token no. received: 09
Called to window: 09:35
Out of building: 09:40

Documents Submitted
2. Application form, duly filled and signed (by hand).
(The IHC website states that photocopy of all non-blank pages is to be submitted, but all other pages - other than the above - were returned).
4. Two photographs (handed one separately, pasted one on the form).
5. Utility or bank statement if it has address change
6.Marriage certificate
5. Fees in cash.

New passport collection
Collection date given: 24/03/2011
Collection time given: 4-5pm

If a person appearance has changed siginificantly than on the passport including simple things like moustaches, they wont accept the application for the other applicant if you are taking on behalf of them. They would want the other person to be present before them

surajban

Re: Passport Renewal at Indian embassy

Post by surajban » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:51 am

I am looking for my brother to submit my application on behalf of me, there is no appearance change of me, can someone please suggest what extra particulars needed other than the below documents:

Documents Submitted
2. Application form, duly filled and signed (by hand).
4. Two photographs (handed one separately, pasted one on the form).
5. Fees in cash.

Kind Regards
sbn

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:49 am

surajban, read the information on this webpage carefully.

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Sushdmehta,

I got this information for that link

Note 4: Application for a passport service is to be submitted by the applicant himself/herself or through his/her family members only with an authorisation given by the applicant. Travel Agents/Agents/Solicitors are not permitted to submit applications on behalf of applicants. Similarly Passport can be collected by the Applicant himself/herself or through proper authorisation to his/her relative.

As I am looking for my brother to submit:

1) What kind of proof can he take he got the same surname as me will that be all right.

2) A letter with my signature will that be all right.

And also please any format for authorisation letter will be helpful.

Kind Regards

surajban

Post by surajban » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Please find the sample letter and please let me know if any changes needed.

AUTHORISATION LETTER

Mr xyz
Address

04 April 2011

To,
The Assessing Officer
Sub: Application for Indian Passport

Dear Sir/Madam,

I xyz as an applicant would like to renew my Indian Passport which is going to expire on 10th Sep 2011, I work for abc from 9 to 5 on all working days so I am not able to submit my application on my own, So I request you to please accept my application through my brother 123

I give full authorization to my brother (123) to submit my application for Indian Passport, Please find the list of documents attached.

1. Current-but-expiring-soon passport
2. Application form duly filled and signed
3. Photocopy of first, last and the current UK visa page
4. Photocopy of all the pages of the passport
5. Two photographs
6. Fees in cash

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication.

signature
Yours sincerely,
xyz
address

surajban

Post by surajban » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 am

surajban wrote:Please find the sample letter and please let me know if any changes needed.

AUTHORISATION LETTER

Mr xyz
Address

04 April 2011

To,
The Assessing Officer
Sub: Application for Indian Passport

Dear Sir/Madam,

I xyz as an applicant would like to renew my Indian Passport which is going to expire on 10th Sep 2011, I work for abc from 9 to 5 on all working days so I am not able to submit my application on my own, So I request you to please accept my application through my brother 123

I give full authorization to my brother (123) to submit my application for Indian Passport, Please find the list of documents attached.

1. Current-but-expiring-soon passport
2. Application form duly filled and signed
3. Photocopy of first, last and the current UK visa page
4. Photocopy of all the pages of the passport
5. Two photographs
6. Fees in cash

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication.

signature
Yours sincerely,
xyz
address
Can someone please confirm will this kind of letter will be all right to go ahead or if someone ha gone through with this please forward the format of letter.

Kind Regards
Sbn

surajban

Re: Indian Passport renewed at Indian High Commission London

Post by surajban » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 am

sidshekhar wrote:[Hello friends,

My passport was to expire in Aug 2011, so I planned to get it renewed earlier. I downloaded the form from the IHC website and filled it up with all the relevant information. In my case I submitted 2 photos, old passport and my marriage certificate to add my Wife’s name to my passport.

Hope this helps

Sid
Hi All,

In my old passport i dont have spouse name and now at the time of renewing my wife is in india so I dont have the marriage certificate.

Question:

1) If i dont add the spouse name in application form will that be any problem in future as i been married now.

Kind Regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:13 am

surajban wrote: If i dont add the spouse name in application form will that be any problem in future as i been married now.
Adding your spouse's name in your passport is (your) choice, not a requirement.

If you choose to add spouse's name in the passport, you'll need to provide evidence of marriage (marriage certificate).

surajban

Post by surajban » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:54 am

sushdmehta wrote:
surajban wrote: If i dont add the spouse name in application form will that be any problem in future as i been married now.
Adding your spouse's name in your passport is (your) choice, not a requirement.

If you choose to add spouse's name in the passport, you'll need to provide evidence of marriage (marriage certificate).
Thanks to Sushdmehta for a quick reply.

abhi_nandy1
Newly Registered

Exhausted pages

Post by abhi_nandy1 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:34 am

my passport pages have been exhausted, i needed an extra booklet. however, it seems that IHC now reissues passport instead of an extra booklet. Current passport still has 4 years to expire....would anyone know if process or documents are different from passport reissue?