ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!!! with British Citizenship - Traffic Offence LC10

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Help!!!! with British Citizenship - Traffic Offence LC10

Post by 1273 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:03 am

I am due to apply for British Citizenship in a couple of months and need some advice.

In 2009 I was fined £150 and given 3 points for driving contrary to licence.

I got my ILR in 2010.

Is LC10- Driving contrary to Licence a Minor offence? Will this gravely affect my application for citizenship?

I have satisfied all other requirements, only this issue. What are my chances?
WOW

Backer
Member of Standing

Post by Backer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:12 am

Was the fine/points given by court or was it a fixed penalty?
What was the specific offence you committed?

(If it is a conviction in court you have no certainty of beng approved until conviction is spect- it will depend on the specific caseworker and your specific conviction)

Post by 1273 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:22 am

The offence is driving contray to licence

The points and fines were given in court.
WOW

Backer
Member of Standing

Post by Backer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:01 am

I'm just trying to help out and will repeat my question: What specifically did you do in contrary to your driving license? -
The reason is that if you, for example, driving on a provisional license by yourself then you were also uninsured which might lower your chances further beacuse driving while uninsured if not considered a light offence by HO when comes to naturalization.
In summary, no one will provide you with guarantee of success. You can apply, mention your conviction, perhaps with cover letter and ask for discretion and the most you can loose is your application fee.