ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR under long residence (10 year)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bhodaliyo
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR under long residence (10 year)

Post by bhodaliyo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:06 pm

I needed an advise regarding the Indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I am in the UK since past 7 years on the Tier 4 Student visa and its valid till Oct 2011. My wife has been granted Tier 1 general from UK, now I am thinking to switch over my visa status by going India in 2 months. My question is if I am granted Tier 1 General Dependent visa from India, Will those 10 years visa duration will be counted under ILR rules after switching to Tier 1 General?? What are the other possible options for me to apply under ILR rules of 10 years?

ash786
BANNED

Re: ILR 10 years Tmeline Help please

Post by ash786 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:48 pm

bhodaliyo wrote:I needed an advise regarding the Indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I am in the UK since past 7 years on the Tier 4 Student visa and its valid till Oct 2011. My wife has been granted Tier 1 general from UK, now I am thinking to switch over my visa status by going India in 2 months. My question is if I am granted Tier 1 General Dependent visa from India, Will those 10 years visa duration will be counted under ILR rules after switching to Tier 1 General?? What are the other possible options for me to apply under ILR rules of 10 years?
1. There is no other option but to be lawful resident in the UK for 10 years.
2. Read the guidence and it will explain everyhting you need to know.

joh118

Re: Eligibility for ILR under long residence (10 year)

Post by joh118 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:49 pm

bhodaliyo wrote:I needed an advise regarding the Indefinite leave to remain in the UK. I am in the UK since past 7 years on the Tier 4 Student visa and its valid till Oct 2011. My wife has been granted Tier 1 general from UK, now I am thinking to switch over my visa status by going India in 2 months. My question is if I am granted Tier 1 General Dependent visa from India, Will those 10 years visa duration will be counted under ILR rules after switching to Tier 1 General?? What are the other possible options for me to apply under ILR rules of 10 years?
yes, T1 general dependant will count as it is Lawful Residence

saira12
Newly Registered

Re: Eligibility for ILR under long residence (10 year)

Post by saira12 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 am

if you leave uk while you have a valid visa (leave to remain or enter) and get your visa changed (switched) from india and come back within six months then as per current guidance note for long residence there will not be any gap. i.e it will be considered a continuous lawful residence.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:48 am

See also Long Residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bhodaliyo
Newly Registered

Post by bhodaliyo » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:08 am

many thx for all of you..hope everything will be fine...!!!