ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANG FOR SPOUSE VISA IS B1 LEVEL NOW!!!!!????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

general

ENGLISH LANG FOR SPOUSE VISA IS B1 LEVEL NOW!!!!!????

Post by general » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:31 am

Hi

I heard that a new list of test providers has been announced, and that now the spouse applying has to meet a minimum grade of B1 in English.

Is that true?

Also mine passed last week and this test was A1 level speaking and listening but on the website it says after 18 July the old test cert won't be accepted.

My problem is I have just 3 months and Im flying out this week otherwise our test cert won't do and its back to square 1. If i come back and submit the application before 18th July but just 2 months wages showing and 2 months accounts will it be ok? I don't want a refusal. i have everything else.

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:45 am

See here - every test provider has different gradings ...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... h-language

ultimate12570

Re: ENGLISH LANG FOR SPOUSE VISA IS B1 LEVEL NOW!!!!!????

Post by ultimate12570 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:51 am

general wrote:Hi

I heard that a new list of test providers has been announced, and that now the spouse applying has to meet a minimum grade of B1 in English.

Is that true?

Also mine passed last week and this test was A1 level speaking and listening but on the website it says after 18 July the old test cert won't be accepted.

My problem is I have just 3 months and Im flying out this week otherwise our test cert won't do and its back to square 1. If i come back and submit the application before 18th July but just 2 months wages showing and 2 months accounts will it be ok? I don't want a refusal. i have everything else.

Thanks

This is not true, where did you get this information bytheway? A1 (CEFR) European Qualification Framework will be accepted for UK spouse visa in land application or overseas application.

general

Post by general » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Its on the website,,,My wife passed the EMD Eng lang test for spouse,,which was just listening and speaking, my wifes illiterate but she passed thanks to my children and 3 months of 24/7 english,,,my kids are british.

On the new list of test providers theres no mention of EMD,,so i'm assuming that it wont be accepted for applications made after 18th july 2011. Thats what it says. If I make the application after 18th july she will have to sit another test and tat inivolves reading and writing ,, and that means I"M SCREWED or rather WE!

I just hope the EMD test cert will be accepted after 18th july coz I don't have much time I will be flying back to UK on 17th with children, and that leaves me exactley 3 months to find employment and furnish 3 months wage slips and bank statements. Thats why I wnted to know if it be ok if I only provide 2 months worth. Plus my son will be also applying as a dependant with the wife.

johnnymotel
Newly Registered

wrong list!

Post by johnnymotel » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 pm

go to UKBA site, partners section, read list. EMD still there.

shade00
Member of Standing

Re: ENGLISH LANG FOR SPOUSE VISA IS B1 LEVEL NOW!!!!!????

Post by shade00 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:33 am

general wrote:Hi

Is that true?

Thanks
I heard the same aswel but in my case i am pretty much smashed if that happens because my wife is not 21 years old yet!

general

Post by general » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... h-language

Heres the new list and EMD is not on there. City and Guilds has replaced EMD in Pakistan I think. But the level is still A1 listening and speaking...NOT reading and writing.

Knowing UKBA Reading and Writing will be introduced in the future.

anika
Newly Registered

IELTS English Test

Post by anika » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Has anyone taken an IELTS test and scored below 4 bands and still applied for a UK spouse visa? My husband has got speaking 2 and listening 3 but we've been told he needs 4 bands.

hmm

Re: IELTS English Test

Post by hmm » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 pm

anika wrote:Has anyone taken an IELTS test and scored below 4 bands and still applied for a UK spouse visa? My husband has got speaking 2 and listening 3 but we've been told he needs 4 bands.
I guess so. see the following post from 'minty'
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 27319bbae3

Better check with your BHC or the VFS office.

I thought band 1 to 3.5 or 4 is level 'A1'. But some VFS advise the applicants to get band 4.

Any one applied with below band 4 IELTS result?

ultimate12570

Re: IELTS English Test

Post by ultimate12570 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:33 pm

hmm wrote:
anika wrote:Has anyone taken an IELTS test and scored below 4 bands and still applied for a UK spouse visa? My husband has got speaking 2 and listening 3 but we've been told he needs 4 bands.
I guess so. see the following post from 'minty'
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 27319bbae3

Better check with your BHC or the VFS office.

I thought band 1 to 3.5 or 4 is level 'A1'. But some VFS advise the applicants to get band 4.

Any one applied with below band 4 IELTS result?
please be advised that there is a New English Test provider list but there no change in its Level. it is still A1. so there is no need to get B1 level.

minty

IELTS test score news

Post by minty » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Just to let you know

My wife submitted her IELTS test cetificate as proof of english profeciency on Friday. She had an overall score of 3.5. We recieved the Visa today.

So i Guess it is good news for those people who were worried if less than 4 was required.

The UKBA website is far from being clear with regards to this, When I went to submit my documents in Liverpool the UKBA were themself confused, as they could not see any mark for IELTS below B1 standard. However the requirement is A1 and there was no IELTS score on thier spreadsheet which correlated to anythnig below B1.

They accepted my documents, and my email printout from UKBA general enquiries where it was confirmed the score was sufficient, and they told they would do a policy review and get back to me.

All Praise to Allah, this Morning my wife recieved her Biometric Visa card.

Hope this helps all those who were a bit confused on this issue