ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JW Long Absence - over 3 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emarketeruk

ILR JW Long Absence - over 3 months

Post by emarketeruk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:33 pm

hello, i first entered the UK in 2004 as a working holiday maker, then switched to HSMP in 2006 Jan, so i am covered by JW, followed by my second extension as Tire 1 for three years (as transitional arrangement foir self employed tire 1 as i was running my business)

so now, totally i have spend 5 years ILR qualifying period even though my requirement was 4 years (i was only aware of this very recently)

i own a house in the UK, which was purchased in 2007, paying councli tax, BT, gas and living like a normal resident in this country.

my main issue is i had 2 business absence, one for 3 month and the other for four months at a stretch.

I run my own company in the UK over the last 24 months and was taking a monthly salary form start to date, paying NI, tax in UK and even corporation tax for the business.

my business trips were necessary as 65% of my companies revenue is generated from non UK clients and i can prove this from my invoices and bank statements.

any idea on how i should approach this and my change of getting ILR? your comments much appreciated

xyz123

Re: ILR JW Long Absence - over 3 months

Post by xyz123 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:39 pm

emarketeruk wrote: my main issue is i had 2 business absence, one for 3 month and the other for four months at a stretch.
when were these absences?

emarketeruk

Re: ILR JW Long Absence - over 3 months

Post by emarketeruk » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:44 pm

it was not to to my home country, but to a third country in Asia where i have most of my clients. some are saying that since i have only spent one month in my home country since 2004 todate and all my business trips were not to my home country, i stand a chance

thanks,
Suren

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:03 pm

business tour regardless of duration ( even above 3 months ) would be ignored on proper evidence since you continued to be based in UK even in that period. This finds support from Home Office instructions as well as Question D2/D3 at page 20 of SET(O) though pertaining to Tier 1 (Section 9) yet serves as Home Office thinking for Section 6 - applicable to all categories.