ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Nationality help?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

British Nationality help?

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun May 01, 2011 9:51 am

Hi, there all,

I have got few qusetions, I am sure you can help me. I have ILR after 10 Years long residence on student visa. Now its nearly year since I had my ILR, I want to apply for british nationilty, so please could you tell me which form Do I have to fill is it AN but doesn't say anywhere that I can apply after year it only for 5 years and 3 years if u married or civil partner. And how much is the fee for nationality Application.

Now last question is my wife was student for 4 years than she became my dependent after my ILR now Inshallah she will have ILR after 2 years, when will she can apply for british nationality is it after 3 years or 5 years? Coz it say you can apply for british nationality after 3 years if you are marrie dto british national, where as I have only ILR.

sorry my post got bit to long, but im sure you all can help out there in this matter.

Thanks in advance. waiting for your replies.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 am

The 3/5 years is the minimum period before being eligible. AN1 is the correct form. If your wife wants to apply with you, then both of you should satisfy the standard requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Sun May 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi vinnay

Thanks for ur reply, first of all I know there is 3/5 year rule for eligibilty, I wanna know which form I have to fill where as I qualify after 1 year where as AN1 is for only 3/5. secondly I said my wife is dependent visa but I have ILR so will she be following same rule for nationality if as she was married to british as I am not british i am only Sattled.?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Use Form AN, as vinny has already mentioned.
See also Fees and Ways to apply
Junaidbinyasin wrote:she became my dependent after my ILR now Inshallah she will have ILR after 2 years
Your wife cannot apply for naturalisation unless she has "settled" status.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!