ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary Leave to Remain Visa - Processing times

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jillenriquez
Newly Registered

Discretionary Leave to Remain Visa - Processing times

Post by jillenriquez » Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi,

I am an Australian national and I've recently applied for a Discretionary Leave to Remain visa through an immigration solicitor.

Has anyone or anyone you know applied for the same visa? What was the outcome and how long did it take for the Home Office to make a decision. It says in their website that 95% of cases are settled within 6 months but I find this information very vague and would like to know if it's possible that it would only take 2-3months.

Many thanks.

Regards,
JIll

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Jill,

I think it varies but going by the current trend and my own personal experience, you'll get a decision withing 6 months. I applied in March and got a decision in June 2010.

It might not end there as you may be refused and have to follow the process but I believed in most cases you'll get a decision within 6 months.

All the anti DLs would tell you, you'll hear nothing in 3 years but going by my personal experience, it was in 3 months as I said earlier and the whole case was concluded within one year.

Best of luck.
Live and let live