ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for naturalisation after ILR from 14 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

favourma
Newly Registered

When to apply for naturalisation after ILR from 14 years

Post by favourma » Fri May 06, 2011 8:58 pm

I need some advice please.
I was brought into the UK in 1997 when i was 21 years old. There is no record of the passport or visa anywhere.
I got married to my husband a british citizen in 2003 and made an application to the homeoffice based on our marriage in 2004. I was a 3 years granted discretionary leave to remain in 2006 (limited leave) till 2009. I renewed the discretionary leave in 2009 and it was further extended to 2012 (a further 3 years).
I made an application earlier this year 2011 for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) as it has been 14 years since i have been in the UK and it was granted to me in April.
My question is: As i am married to a british citizen, do i have to wait for 12 months after the date i was granted ILR before i can apply for naturalisation or can i apply for naturalisation now?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Favourma