ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer with pending dependant visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nawaz

Change of Employer with pending dependant visa application

Post by nawaz » Wed May 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate some advice or suggestions on my situation. I am on a Tier 2 General visa that was issued before April 6, 2011. Another employer has offered me a job and is in the process of allocating a new CoS.

I had applied for a Tier 2 dependant visa for my wife but it has been refused on the basis of printed bank statements by the bank without a stamp. I plan to apply for it very soon, this time using the "original" bank statements. However, I donot have the CoS from the new employer yet and I am not sure how long it would take.

My question is whether there will be an issue with this dependant visa if while it is under process I switch my employment using a new CoS. The reason I am asking because the VAF10 dependant visa form asks for CoS.

Any suggestions on how to go about this would be really helpful for me. Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Until such time that your new leave (on basis of the new CoS from the new employer) becomes effective, your sponsorship remains with your current employer.

So, if your wife wishes to apply for entry clearance before that day (when your new leave becomes effective), you should provide the current CoS - if the form asks for such information.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nawaz

Post by nawaz » Wed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Thank you for the reply.

If my wife applies using the old CoS and then I switch to the new CoS while her application is still under process, would it create some issue? Wouldn't the case officer notice the discrepancy?

I am just trying to approach it in a manner that the dependant application doesn't get affected due to my change of employment.