ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job oppertunities for dependent visa holders

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mpont2
Newly Registered

Job oppertunities for dependent visa holders

Post by mpont2 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 am

I have recently moved to UK on TIER 2(ICT) visa. My spouse(5 yrs IT exp , PMO) has joined me on dependent visa and would like to work in UK. Could anyone please suggest what is the process for dependents to get a job in UK?

joh118

Re: Job oppertunities for dependent visa holders

Post by joh118 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:47 pm

mpont2 wrote:I have recently moved to UK on TIER 2(ICT) visa. My spouse(5 yrs IT exp , PMO) has joined me on dependent visa and would like to work in UK. Could anyone please suggest what is the process for dependents to get a job in UK?
simple:
1. Search for a job
2. Apply for the job
3. Go to the interview
4. start working

your spouse will need to get a NI number though.

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:03 am

They need to register for an NI card
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... /DG_190057
They may also consider opening a bank account
Then resgister with a few employment agencies and also send out CVs to some online agnecies as well.
They may consider searching jobcenters etc and local papers.

gsaini
Newly Registered

Post by gsaini » Wed May 18, 2011 7:05 pm

hi mpont2

Ur wife needs to prepare an impressive resume and float it over all job sites. Also, she should apply for as many jobs as possible everyday which she finds suitable. She should in the meantime also get an address proof( which will eventually be required) and a NI number ( pretty easy to get). Please keep in mind that the job process in UK is VERY slow and it takes 3-6 mnths to get a job. It does not necessary means that your wife also will have to wait for such a long time.
Hope this helps somewhat.