ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherlands- accommodation that I can register as living at

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gb
Newly Registered

Netherlands- accommodation that I can register as living at

Post by gb » Sat May 28, 2011 7:58 pm

...so we're flying to Amsterdam 1st week of July to exercise my treat rights as a UK citizen with non-EU dependents.
1. problem is there seems to be some law requiring minimum 6 months for renting?

2. we only need 1-2 months to get the paperwork done and then we will be able to decide exactly where we want to live.

3. Have been advised by someone who lives there as follows:
"A hotel will not work-- and when renting a short-term flat, it is very important to ask the landlord if you can register there. This is also a good question to ask for another reason: usually, if the person renting out their apartment says you can't register there, that means they are illegally subletting it"

Any urgent advice please or anyone know any reasonably priced short-term apartments/ houses going?