ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish visa rejection

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AnandVishwanathan
Newly Registered

Irish visa rejection

Post by AnandVishwanathan » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:39 pm

Hello there,

I was refused a work visa for ireland cause the embassy thought that the salary offered to me wasn't upto the mark for a skilled personnel. There is this another company that i had an interview before i left ireland. I was wondering if they offered me a job can i apply for a work visa again ? What are the chances this time if i get a higher salary than before ? Or should i go for a work permit this time ??

Cheers
Anand Vishwanathan.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:08 pm

The Board has no way of predicting the salary levels in individual negotiations. If the company doesn't have lawyers advising it on proper compensation, you may tell them of the risk to appear too low.

AnandVishwanathan
Newly Registered

Irish visa rejection

Post by AnandVishwanathan » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:41 pm

Hiya,

Sorry, do you mean the irish embassy board ?

Cheers!!!

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:29 pm

AnandVishwanathan,

What my fellow moderator Cosmopol is saying is that a Work Permit Application must:

1. Be in an appropriate field acceptable on the WP scheme.

2. Require an appropriate level of education, knowledge, skill and experience or suitable combination if applicable.

3. Have remuneration commensurate/ matching as a minimum the market rate for the relvant position but to a level acceptable to the Work Permits Board and the Irish Embassy. It is unusual for the embassy not to approve a WP give that the WP board would have verified the salary and not approved it were this an issue. Perhaps you can comment on this?

4. Since we do not know 1,2 or 3 in your case we can't say about the chances of your new employer getting a WP. However it stands to reasons that if meets all the relevant criteria then it should be successful.

5. As a by can I verify that you are talking about an occupation which requires a formal application for a WP from an employer to the WP board (ministry of labour) as opposed to the scheme where you get a job offer in designated occupations (e.g. some construction fields) and proceed to an embassy for the issuance of a Work Approval Visa?

AnandVishwanathan
Newly Registered

Post by AnandVishwanathan » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:27 pm

AnandVishwanathan wrote:Kayalami

Lets answer your last point first: --
Kayalami wrote: 5. As a by can I verify that you are talking about an occupation which requires a formal application for a WP from an employer to the WP board (ministry of labour) as opposed to the scheme where you get a job offer in designated occupations (e.g. some construction fields) and proceed to an embassy for the issuance of a Work Approval Visa?
Answer: I am talking about skilled personnel work visa scheme where you get a job offer in designated occupations( Information Technology in my case) and proceed to an embassy for the issuance of a work approval visa.
Kayalami wrote 1. Be in an appropriate field acceptable on the WP scheme.
Answer: Well mine is a skilled job in Information Technology, i wonder if it falls under work permit ?
Kayalami wrote: 2. Require an appropriate level of education, knowledge, skill and experience or suitable combination if applicable.
Answer: Again the education, knowledge, skill and experience fits well for Information Technology( i guess that should come under work visa.)
Kayalami wrote: 3. Have remuneration commensurate/ matching as a minimum the market rate for the relvant position but to a level acceptable to the Work Permits Board and the Irish Embassy. It is unusual for the embassy not to approve a WP give that the WP board would have verified the salary and not approved it were this an issue. Perhaps you can comment on this?
Answer: Sorry i didnt get this point here. What i didnt get is does the irish embassy in the respective country issues the work permit (WP) or is the the WP board (ministry of labour)?

This is the earlier post for more information:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=2528

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can lie with statistics but statistics in itself is not to lie.
(Ref: Complete Business Statistics - Amir D. Aczel)

Cheers!!!
Anand Vishwanathan

zahoor
Newly Registered

refusal of WV due to insufficient salary from employer

Post by zahoor » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:35 am

Hi
the same happend with me as i got refusal for my WV due to a an insufficient salary offer from my employer for ICT Professional. could any one knows what should be the minimum salary for an ICT Professional in ireland plz

AnandVishwanathan
Newly Registered

Visa Refusal

Post by AnandVishwanathan » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:16 am

Hi,

I guess this should be at least around Euro 30 K per annum.

marialear

Post by marialear » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:20 pm

Hi there,

I think there may be some confusion with regards to Work Permits (WP) & Work Visa/Authorizations (in this case, WV). This is my understanding of the situation:

Basically, the system is two-tiered, organized as the Irish gov't see the employment situation: WP are aimed at labour shortages & WV/WA are aimed at skill shortages. (Now, this is not to say that all people on WP are 'unskilled', far from it & not all people on WV/WA are the brightest bulb in the box either!) Anyway....

WP are very restictive & have become even more difficult to get as the Irish gov't introduced the rule that FAS (the Irish employment people) must be given first chance at offering 'your' position to an Irish citizen 1st, then an EU citizen before allowing you (the Non-EU national) to be offered the job. Once you apply for a WP, you must wait till it's approved (4-6weeks) before starting work. You cannot change jobs, new job = new WP. They are valid for max 1yr but can be renewed. All dealings are between your employer & the government, not you. Now, to direct the WP scheme in the way the gov't want it to go, they posted a number of ineligiable jobs, i.e you will NOT get a WP for the following job types (bar work, waitstaff, retail, childminder, builder, clerical, etc...the full list is on www.entemp.ie. By applying this restiction, the gov't have pre-eliminiated a number of lower-paid, 'un-skilled' (not my word) non-nationals who will come into Ireland to work.

WV/WA are more liberal in that they are set up for positions that the Irish gov't feel are understaffed by way of skill shortage (Dr, nurses, IT professionals, etc) Because the gov't want these people, there are fewer restictions. You must apply in your home country via the Irish Embassy there before you come to Ireland. WV/AV are available for 2years each & can be renewed. You can change employers as long as you stay within the same skills category.

On the DETE (Dept. Enterprise, Trade & Employment) website, there is a document (dated July 2004!) that goes through a step-by-step process. The only reference to IT applicants is that WV/WA will only be granted to those titled either Information & computing technologies professionals (minimum Degree from recognized 3rd year institution) and Information & computing technologies technicians (minimun Diploma from recoginized 3rd year institution). There is no mention (well, not that I could see) to salary descriptions or minimum wage acceptance. Hmmm, maybe you should contact the DETE & ask them specifically where wage information is posted on the website?

THe DETE did announce in October 2005 that they were planning to introduce a new Green Card program involving a 3-Pillar Employment Permits Scheme which dealt with issues involving salary.

Pillar 1: restrictive for those making 30k-60k & more occupations open to those of 60k+, but still dealing with skills shortage.

Pillar 2: re-establish the Intra-company transfer scheme

Pillar 3: even more restictive WP scheme for those making up to 30k, but focused on labour shortage, rather than skills.

BUT, as far as I know, this has NOT been introduced yet, so it should not matter about your salary for the moment. Maybe they are starting it soon, I really don't know. I would contact the DETE for the most up-to-date information they have on the WV/WA.

Good luck with it.

Maria