ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice from some of the more experienced members here

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Which country would you rather migrate to?

England
50%
United States Of America
No votes
Canada
No votes
Germany
No votes
Australia
50%
New Zealand
No votes
United Arab Emirates
No votes

Total votes: 2

legolasgleaf
Newly Registered

Need advice from some of the more experienced members here

Post by legolasgleaf » Sun May 29, 2011 10:55 am

I have a question or two to ask about New Zealand immigration. So those who have already gone to NZ or know more about it please send me a reply. I would like to hear from you.

A bit about me:

I am a skilled Software Engineer specializing in Microsoft .NET Technologies.

I have over 2 years of experience in my field.

I have a Master Of Science Degree in Computer Science from Texas A&M University in USA.

I have also worked in USA for over a year before leaving due to the recession.

Now I found out that New Zealand is accepting skilled immigrants and Software Engineering is one of the fields listed in the Labor Shortage Occupations. (Of course, this made me very happy! :D ) Now the minimum work experience required to submit an application is 2 years and this is where I'm running into my first problem...

I worked in USA from 31st of May, 2008 to 1st of May 2009 before coming back. That was the peak time of unemployment due to the global recession hitting the entire world.

I tried to get a job but couldn't. I was actively searching for a job from June 2009 until April 2010 when by sheer luck and talent, I landed a new job. I have been working in this new job since April 2010 and have now completed 1 year and 2 months.

So will the gap in my employment (from June 2009 to April 2010) affect my application for skilled migration? I really hope not but I was hoping the experts could answer my question.

Secondly, when the authorities want proof of my work experience, will submitting payslips for the periods when I worked (In USA and now) suffice or is there something more they might ask?

Thirdly, should I show proof of funds in my bank account while applying for a Residence Permit? If so, how much should I show? A range would be okay here. But I would like the bare minimum figure so I know where the bar starts.

Fourthly, if all goes well and I am able to get a Permanent Residence visa, can I wait until I get a job offer (by applying online to various companies) and THEN fly to New Zealand?

Long post! :lol: But if somebody can answer my questions I would be sooooo grateful!

Thank you all in advance!

legolasgleaf
Newly Registered

No reply????

Post by legolasgleaf » Mon May 30, 2011 5:39 pm

I don't believe this! A lot of people on this forum yet not ONE reply????? :(