ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Extension Query- Urgent Please Help!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sheetal Jagtap
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Extension Query- Urgent Please Help!!!

Post by Sheetal Jagtap » Tue May 31, 2011 1:46 pm

I have a Tier 1(General) extension appointment at PEO on 9th June 2011.
My query is regarding Maintenance funds. The period is chose is 7th March 2011 to 7th June 2011. Unfortunately, due to a transfer I made on 5th May 2011 my account balance has gone below £800. So I wont be able to show my account for the maintenance funds. Can I use my husbands account for maintenance funds. We got married on 12th March 2011, which is 4 days after 7th March 2011, which is the starting date of the period for maintenance funds.

If I can use his account for evidence, What are the documents required?
His bank statements, letter of authorisation and marriage certificate or is there anything else needed.

Any help would be appreciated. Since it is only 9 days away from the application date it is failry urgent.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Are you primary applicant and your husband is dependent to you? where is he and his account based?

I have noticed cases where applicants have preferred to have joint account. If you could add your name to his accont and later ask bank to issue duplicate bank statement then you should be fine. You will have to ask bank to authorise bank statements too.

Alternatively, apply later by post when your meet the fund maintenance criteria too.

Sheetal Jagtap
Newly Registered

Post by Sheetal Jagtap » Tue May 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am the primary applicant and my husband is not dependant, he already has his independant visa. His account is in UK bank and its savings account. I am not added to that account so its a solo account. Can we still use it?

On another note, how many days in advance I have to apply for extension. The website says atleast one month in advance. If I wait for my account to have enough funds for 90 days period, I can only apply after 8th August 2011. My visa is expiring on 4th September 2011.

Please advise.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 pm

If I was you, I would apply when I have met the funds requirements.

You can apply as early as you like and also on the last day of your visa. Search this forum for 'early extension' and you will get so many posts.