ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nomibhatti
Newly Registered

Child born in UK and ILR

Post by nomibhatti » Tue May 31, 2011 7:58 pm

I am applying for ILR Next week.I am including my wife as dependant.
My son born in UK (aug 2008).His current status is Hsmp-teir 1 dependant.
Do I need to include my son in ILR application or wait for my ILR approval then apply directly for citizenship via MN1form.
I have spoken to lawyer he recommends to include my son in ILR application as it would citizenship without ILR for my son.
Can any 0ne help me in this regards what should I do ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 31, 2011 8:05 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

nomibhatti
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhatti » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 pm

thanks for reply. I have spoken to lawyer ; say a lot evidence needs to provided to UKBA why child should be british citizen and threshold is high . looking at UKBA website I can't understand what evidence they require.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 pm

nomibhatti wrote:thanks for reply. I have spoken to lawyer ; say a lot evidence needs to provided to UKBA why child should be british citizen and threshold is high . looking at UKBA website I can't understand what evidence they require.
Have you looked at the link Vinny provided and have you looked at the MN1 form? there is nothing much documentation that is required.
Look at this for success stories. I hope this helps.