ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Permanent Residence - Waiting time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kashta
Newly Registered

Post by kashta » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:22 am

As far as Im aware, they only require proof of treaty rights of the EEA family member. The non-EEA is entitled through the EEA partner. I have only sent documents for my EEA partner and only my passport from my side. They haven't asked me yet for anything ( after 9.5 months) but that may mean that my application is still "under consideration"

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm

kashta wrote:As far as Im aware, they only require proof of treaty rights of the EEA family member. The non-EEA is entitled through the EEA partner. I have only sent documents for my EEA partner and only my passport from my side. They haven't asked me yet for anything ( after 9.5 months) but that may mean that my application is still "under consideration"
I believe they wanted me (as spouse) to prove I was in the country during the 5 years to qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Hello Chirurgie!
Any news ?hope that its getting better for you I think that the service is moving better now and the waiting time is not more than 9months,
Good luck for eveyone.

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:17 pm

zobir wrote:Hello Chirurgie!
Any news ?hope that its getting better for you I think that the service is moving better now and the waiting time is not more than 9months,
Good luck for eveyone.
well, sent off additional required info Sat so will wait and see how that goes. will keep you all updated

zobir
Newly Registered

Re: Removing foreing prisoners

Post by zobir » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Hello everyone today 3th of Aguste I received my PR after being waiting for the period of 8months and 23 days,I have found this forum very helpful. I haveH followed advice many people who have posted and would like to say big thank you to Eric Pool,and others just share my experience.
EEA4 application on basis of 5 year marriage to EEA national.
12/11/2008: EEA4 applications posted to Liverpool by Special Delivery
15/12/2008: Received COA
13/06/2009:Email my local MP
15/06/2009:received letter from her telling me that she asked the HO and will respond to me ones she will get something from the HO (I don't think that she did something ?)
29/06/2009 Email my MP again
03/07/2009 recieved letter from her telling me that it take 6weeks to have answer from the HO ???????how came ???just doesn't do her job properly ?
20/07/2009: Sent a complaint email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
23/07/2009: Received apology letter which also said I will hear from my caseworker shortly and they should need any further documentation(never asked me),my application was full and nothing was missing)
03/08/2009: PR permits + all docs received - permit stamp dated on the 29/07/2009
very happy
I believe the complaint email got the ball rolling in my case.
Good luck everyone who's still waiting.
Last edited by zobir on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:03 pm

cases are treated differently, i went thru all the trouble of getting docs ready incase they ask, i even started to suck up to the dreaded ex , but the ho sent my pr without asking for more docs. but mine was on grounds of divorce.
hi

Chirurgie

YAH!

Post by Chirurgie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Wow, received a 'signed for' delivery card and went to post office depot to find a large A4 envelope returning all my documents plus PASSPORTS! Granted Indefinite Leave to Remain finally after 13 months!

Thank you to all here whom have given great encouragement and support, not to mention invaluable help!

Summary to date:
22nd July 2008: EEA4 application entered on Home Office Database
August 2008: received certification of application (unsure exact date)
6th July 2009: Emailed my MP
7th July 2009: Emailed UKBA European Enquiries
10th July 2009: Received letter apologising and stated Caseworker allocation for action.
14th July 2009: Received letter from MP saying he has written to Minister for Immigration and will write again when he gets a reply
15th July 2009: Received letter (dated 9th July) asking for more evidence of stay in UK.
25th July 2009: Sent back all documents requested
18th August 2009: Receive passport with ILD (total of about 13 months)

svyatko
Newly Registered

Auto reply from ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Post by svyatko » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Hi Guys,

Is this normal to receive the auto reply from ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk address, saying
Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency European Enquiries Team.

** Please note that you will not receive a reply from this in-box **

The information below details a general outline of how to apply under the European regulations and provides links to our website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen/ <http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen/>

If - having read this information - you still need to contact us for clarification - please contact our helpline by calling 0845 010 5200 - Please select options: 3, 2.

The helpline is open Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:00
Also tried emailing North West Customer Service Unit [NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk]

And got :

Dear Customer,

Due to current technical issues we are unable to handle your complaint via email. Should you wish to complain, please write to us at:

UK Border Agency - North West Customer Service Unit
PO Box 99
Manchester Airport
M90 3WW

looks like its a post office time.

thanks

asher1979
Newly Registered

Re: Auto reply from ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Post by asher1979 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi all ,

I got my PR card today.. thanks for all of your support... without you guys.. I would have gone mad.... finally... I am stress free :lol:

svyatko wrote:Hi Guys,

Is this normal to receive the auto reply from ukbaeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk address, saying
Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency European Enquiries Team.

** Please note that you will not receive a reply from this in-box **

The information below details a general outline of how to apply under the European regulations and provides links to our website www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen/ <http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizen/>

If - having read this information - you still need to contact us for clarification - please contact our helpline by calling 0845 010 5200 - Please select options: 3, 2.

The helpline is open Monday - Friday - 09:00 - 17:00
Also tried emailing North West Customer Service Unit [NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk]

And got :

Dear Customer,

Due to current technical issues we are unable to handle your complaint via email. Should you wish to complain, please write to us at:

UK Border Agency - North West Customer Service Unit
PO Box 99
Manchester Airport
M90 3WW

looks like its a post office time.

thanks

kashta
Newly Registered

Post by kashta » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 pm

hi to all,
I also got my PR stamp on my passp on the 16th of jan 2010 after 15.5 month, (without formal complaints submitted) the record i believe huh.... thank you for the help in the forum.

I applied in Sept 2008 and was asked for more docs in november 2009. I sent them tax records for the last 6 years for both me and spouse and couple of tenancy agreements for the last year or so. No joint bank statements as didn't have any, since trying to keep the names separate for credit score reasons.

I will be trying to apply for naturalization to British Citizen without waiting for a year in grounds that I am supposed to have automatic right of residence (indefinite) since sept 2008. Will let you know how that goes

once again, wish everyone who is waiting good luck...

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I got my PR card in December as durable relationship for last 8 years , but I acquired permanent resident card only in December 09 my partner and I got separated I informed the HO office on that, they told me that I would lose my permanent residence card now as we are no longer together... they said that I am would not retain the PR card as I am no longer family member of EEA national can they revoke a permanent residence card once its been issued.

kashta wrote:hi to all,
I also got my PR stamp on my passp on the 16th of jan 2010 after 15.5 month, (without formal complaints submitted) the record i believe huh.... thank you for the help in the forum.

I applied in Sept 2008 and was asked for more docs in november 2009. I sent them tax records for the last 6 years for both me and spouse and couple of tenancy agreements for the last year or so. No joint bank statements as didn't have any, since trying to keep the names separate for credit score reasons.

I will be trying to apply for naturalization to British Citizen without waiting for a year in grounds that I am supposed to have automatic right of residence (indefinite) since sept 2008. Will let you know how that goes

once again, wish everyone who is waiting good luck...

Morpheo

Post by Morpheo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi All,

Good news, today I received my documents back with the PR affixed to my passport.

To give an insight.

• I applied for PR on the 20/08/2009
• COA a week letter
• I requested my passport back to travel in December
• Home office called me 18 of Feb informing that my application was successful and requesting passport back.
• I sent the passport on the 19th of Feb
• All documents back today with PR

Next: In 3 months time will start the naturalisation process

M

lucbilall
Newly Registered

Post by lucbilall » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:07 am

I would like to share with you my experience. After 4.5 years in UK with a French husband I made an application for ILR in end March 2011 Just received passports back yesterday wtih the stamps. So it took about 2 months. The only thing is my husband rang last week and told them he needed his French passport to travel and why are they keeping it. He was told that they will return it in 10 days. Then to our surprise they sent back all the passports with the stamps. We thought it will take 6 months like many other people.
Hope this can be of some help.