ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Migrating to Australia

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Reetu
Newly Registered

Migrating to Australia

Post by Reetu » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 am

Hai there,

I am an Indian Nurse (theatre), working in Ireland since May'05 (almost six years), total having 15 years of experience also doing Graduation in Nursing from Ireland. I am in the process of taking Australian nursing registration with a view to migrating to Australia.

I know that for Indepandant migration (direct applying or thru an agent), there is requirement of IELTS for me. In this case please advise about which type of IELTS test i have to take, General or Academic? As my spouse as well accompanying with me, Is he need to tave IELTS test?

About 2nd thing, for state sponsored/ region sponsored visa, means an employer from Australia if willing to offer job with sponsorship for PR visa for my whole family and in this case, do i need to take IELTS test. Even after various researching on Internet i can't get clear information on this other than i could find Nurses are shortage list, but don't know whether they are exempted from the requirement, if having job offer plus employer sponsorship for PR visa.

Kindly advise as soon as possible

Thanks

dinkolfy
Newly Registered

Re: Migrating to Australia

Post by dinkolfy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Reetu wrote: I know that for Indepandant migration (direct applying or thru an agent), there is requirement of IELTS for me.
Yes; as per the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia's criteria.
Reetu wrote: In this case please advise about which type of IELTS test i have to take, General or Academic?
Academic.
Reetu wrote: As my spouse as well accompanying with me, Is he need to tave IELTS test?
No; only if your spouse's professional regulatory body in Australia requires him to do so.
Reetu wrote: About 2nd thing, for state sponsored/ region sponsored visa, means an employer from Australia if willing to offer job with sponsorship for PR visa for my whole family and in this case, do i need to take IELTS test. Even after various researching on Internet i can't get clear information on this other than i could find Nurses are shortage list, but don't know whether they are exempted from the requirement, if having job offer plus employer sponsorship for PR visa.
Yes as AFAIK; Why don't you contact the region authorities sponsoring the visa?