ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M applied , UKBA hasn't taken the application fee yet

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

harinra
Newly Registered

FLR M applied , UKBA hasn't taken the application fee yet

Post by harinra » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi
My wife had applied for the FLR M on 22/04/2011. We have received the Aknow't letter with in few days. we are waiting until now, UKBA haven't tacken themoney out of the bank yet and request of provide boimatric, a letter again we haven't receive yet.

Please advice what we have to do

thnaks

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I was in the same situation not long ago.. I waited the whole month and a half for the payment to go through. I contacted my bank but no attempt was made to take any money from my account. When i called UKBA they asked me to wait 14 weeks. My leave was expiring so I requested my documents to sent back to me immediately and I reapplied sending them postal orders instead. The they made me wait for Biometrics for another 2 months and 2 weeks. I received my biometrics letter last saturday.

Contact you bank and find out if any attempt was made to deduct a fee?
If you do have to apply using a debit/credit card I would advice letting them know by phoning that a big payment will be deducted soon so that they dont stop the payment thinking its a fraud attempt.

If you dont have time request your Docs to sent back to you, which means you will withdraw your application and then make a fresh one. You will have to add recent payslips and recent bank statements.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 pm

If you have an application pending, you retain the legal status of your existing visa category while you are awaiting a decision, even though the original visa may have expired during this time. This is assuming that you had a valid visa when you applied to switch category.