ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth Certificate and Marriage certificate for Irish Passpor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dublintogalway

Birth Certificate and Marriage certificate for Irish Passpor

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi guys,

I have original marriage and birth certificates which are not in the long form.I also have copy of affidavits for MC and BC which i used while applying for naturalization as my certificates were not in the long form.

I have to now apply for Irish passport and according to dfa web site, I have to submit long form MC and BC.
Can i use the same affidavit copy for irish passport?or do I have to again get new affidavit done for MC and BC from solicitor?
Is there any validity period for affidavit?
I have to submit all the documents in original with passport application but not sure what to do with affidavits...

cheers

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:50 pm

you should try with the 'extract' birth cert and marriage certs u have, I doubt they'll accept affidavits unless you're a recognized refugee - and even then maybe not.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 am

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:you should try with the 'extract' birth cert and marriage certs u have, I doubt they'll accept affidavits unless you're a recognized refugee - and even then maybe not.
Thanks for your reply. I am not refugee and applying for irish passport after naturalisation. I had submitted affidavit with certified copy of original BC and MC and it was accepted by DOJ.I was presuming same must be aceeptable by DFA for my passport application.
Should i just send original BC and MC and forget about affidavits..albeit these r not in the long form?

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:42 am

Hi dublintogalway,

Actually I have heard as well that the Passport office does not accept an afidavit for Birth certificate, so we might have to submitt the Original Birth certificate and see what they come back with.Also today I just recieve the usuall acknowledgement letter from INIS stating we have recieved the documents and bla bla ,all same ding dong (as I sen the yellow form last week) , do you know anything what is the timeline for CoN , honestly mate I cant wait , and everymorning I am checking my posts .... lol :)

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:05 pm

HamzaCork wrote:Hi dublintogalway,

Actually I have heard as well that the Passport office does not accept an afidavit for Birth certificate, so we might have to submitt the Original Birth certificate and see what they come back with.Also today I just recieve the usuall acknowledgement letter from INIS stating we have recieved the documents and bla bla ,all same ding dong (as I sen the yellow form last week) , do you know anything what is the timeline for CoN , honestly mate I cant wait , and everymorning I am checking my posts .... lol :)
Hi HamzaCork,

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure when CON will arrive..I am also waiting for it. I had sent my yellowform+ documents on 22nd to INIS by
registered post. Did they mention anything about timeline for naturalization certificate in the letter