ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 gen extension approved PEO Croydon- same day

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

t0mmy

Tier 1 gen extension approved PEO Croydon- same day

Post by t0mmy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks to almighty Allah, my tier 1 general visa has been extended same day PEO croydon.

Following is my experience- hope it will of use to anyone.

1. visa expiring in sept 2011
2. PEO app time 1030- arrived at 10:00. Thought wont make it due to morning traffic.
3. @1025, initial check done , given token(queue number).
4. @1030 payment done. IMPORTANT i used NATWEST VISA DEBIT CARD. the finance lady had to call my bank for authorization
and me had to then giv secret word/password. Not sure wt wud have happended in a postal case.
5. @1215 biometrics given. My mistake as initially i went to wrong floor.
6. @1300 biometrics results arrived. Called by case worker.
7. I had submitted with form:
12 month payslips(April 2010- March 2011)- Same employer. Signed and stamped.
Natwest original bank statements (natwest were very prompt in sending me the bank statments with my name,addres, natwest logo
within 2 days).
P60 (as I had shown april -march earning period).
Original degree certificate.
for age (passport)

8. Case worker just asked a few questions, like how many source of earnings- mine was 1. So no issues. Keep it simple :-)
9 . @1430- visa extension approved. June 2011- September 2013. (wich is a bit surprising as i thut sept 2011-sept 2013).

My advise.

- plan properly for the journey esp if croydon. London is a big city-
- ask your bank if any authorization is required beforehand. AVOID any card payments if possible.
- The case worker mainly referred to the salary slips and NOT p60. Which is further proof tax docs should be avoided
as proof of earning. He may have referred to it if I hadn't provided the s-slips though.
- the caseworker initially granted me extension June 2011- Feb 2013- I pointed this out- and he corrected it.so double check
the doc given to you at the end for verification.
- Highlight the salary in bank statements. As cw asked me to do.
- Submit photocopy of all the docs- as cw had to do this.
- for PEO booking, try after 9pm.
- generally i found the staff quite friendly.(contrary to all the posts here).

Good luck.

esharah
Newly Registered

Post by esharah » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:11 pm

So your visa was expiring in Sep 2011 and you applied in June. Did they give you extension till Sep 2013?

I am in a similar situation as you. I want to apply early but I fear that they will give me extension till June 2013, if I do so now.

softlogic20

Post by softlogic20 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 am

Congerts t0mmy and thanks for sharing your experience. its helpful in many ways.

i am going for PEO Sheffield on 30th of june. i have same case as of yours but my earning period is june 2010 is may 2011. my salary slips are just signed as our company does not have stamp. our Hr give me letter saying attached salary slips are genuine and we don't have stamp etc. do you think its fine ?

regards ,
Kash

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:59 pm

@esharah,

yes my visa was extended to september 2013(extension period June 2011-Sept 2013). If you are applying in post now, then it really shouldnt matter as its normal to apply 2-3 months from date of expiry thru post.

@softlogic,
thanks.
As it states that salary slips should be stamped and signed if not original, You can give employer letter and it should clearly state each month's amount (or the total amount ?), and duration period. This will be considered as a separate proof then the salary slips.

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Post by malikjitin » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:31 pm

Its a bit odd to get extention for three months in advance.

As you said its normal to post the application 2-3 months in advance. As far I have noticed, home office is deciding within 30 Days. In some cases I am noticing with days of getting biometrics done.

The processing times I got was from the extention cases listen in the forum.

I am very confused because I wanted to apply early but I am only waiting because if I apply too much in advance I would fall short of 5 years for ILR.

Could you please advice.

Thanks

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:30 pm

malikjitin wrote:Its a bit odd to get extention for three months in advance.

As you said its normal to post the application 2-3 months in advance. As far I have noticed, home office is deciding within 30 Days. In some cases I am noticing with days of getting biometrics done.

I am very confused because I wanted to apply early but I am only waiting because if I apply too much in advance I would fall short of 5 years for ILR.

Could you please advice.

Thanks
i am in the same boat, mine expires end of august but dont want to apply june or july because of 28 day rule/5 years. From my understanding, when u applied thru PEO, u got visa stamped same day and then expires 2 years from then.

They do not seem to be consistent with the visa stamps/dates of expiry.
Keep it simple!

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Congratulations t0mmy,
I have a few questions. Appreciate if you could reply.

1. Bank Statements:
a. Did you request Natwest for 12 months of Bank Statement with all transactions or just with salary? You mentioned you need to highlighted, so i guessed it was all transactions.
b. Were they statement month by month or all as a whole?
c. Do you have to submit employer letter even if you are providing all salary payment receipts?

2. Application before 3 months
As others has raised, how did you got it extended till Sept 2013. Did you mention something to the officer?

3. PEO vs. Postal
Why did you decide for PEO over postal? Any specific reason.

Many Thanks.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

@rohiktm:

-reg bank statements it was 12 months transactions. They were 'as a whole' not month by month. My address and name mentioned only on the very first
page. every page had my account number and bank logo.
- I dint't submit the employer letter-I had it with me (as a backup) - but cw dint ask for it.

- reg 3 months in advance. I dint mention anything. He dint ask why I am applying early. One thing to note tho- Before tier 1
visa, I had work permit- i only used it for 8-9 months(work permit given in december 2007, tier 1 given in sep 2008). So even if the cw had given the visa
till say June 2013- it wudnt really matter to me. Maybe thas the reason he gave the extra months).

- I applied PEO as I dont want to wait 2-3 months for the decision. :-) also due to some travel plans.

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 pm

@malikjitin
From what I have seen in this forum- ppl have applied 2-3 months in advance thru post and got visa from date of expiry.
Applying in post early is diff from applying early in PEO. It really depends on the case worker.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 pm

malikjitin wrote:Its a bit odd to get extention for three months in advance.

Could you please advice.

Thanks
nothing is odd.. I myself applied 3 months before because I have previous stay as wp holder.. completely depends on your case..if you are ok to pay for 2nd extension then also you can go for early extension..

Better to have some contingency of reapplying if you are refused for some silly rasons like missing logo blah blah rathe than just applying at the death and find yourself with no contingency..

malikjitin
Newly Registered

Post by malikjitin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 pm

True.

In todays uncertain environment, we need to be more organised.

However, in your cases you were WP holders unlike myself, Tier1 General Migrant.

My Visa expires on 13 Oct 2011. And I am planning to anytime after 16 Sept 2011.

Would you then suggest me to apply in end of August rather waiting untill 16 Sept 2011.