ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (M) is spouse allowed in?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

venga_pal

ILR SET (M) is spouse allowed in?

Post by venga_pal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi guys,

I have booked an appointment for my wife's SET (M) at Croydon PEO. However, I am not sure if I will allowed in too (also our 1.5yr baby)? My wife is bit anxious to go in with out me. Could some one please confirm if I will be allowed in?

Also, what are the documents we need to present at the interview? I have already made a list of documents. I would like to just cross verify whether I have got it correct.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Vvenga_pal

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:21 pm

You certainly will be allowed in with your wife. In fact a spouse is required to attend and if they are unable to would have to submit a letter explaining their non-attendance. No problem with taking your baby in with you.
Follow the list of documents from the guide notes on form SET(M).
Your wife has passed the Life in the UK test or completed an approved ESOL course?

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Thanks Casa!!!

Thats good to know. Yes she has passed the KOL test prior to her FLR(M) 2 years ago. I understand it is valid for life time, isnt it?

I shall check the guide notes for the list of documents.

Kind regards,
Venga_pal

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:45 pm

venga_pal wrote:Yes she has passed the KOL test prior to her FLR(M) 2 years ago. I understand it is valid for life time, isnt it?
Yes, it does not expire.
1.2.3.4 There is no ‘expiry date’ on a pass in the Life in the UK test. This means that evidence of a pass at any time can be used to demonstrate fulfilment of the requirements, for naturalisation purposes, to have a sufficient knowledge of language and of life in the UK.
Though the UKBA document is for naturalisation applicants only but the KoL reference is similar for settlement applicants too.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:00 pm

If you're unsure about the documents listed, come back and let us know what help you need.
At the Croydon PEO the officer checking the paperwork is likely to ask for the proof of joint address documents to be passed over in month order spread over the 2 years. They then select the ones they want.
Make sure your bank statements and any official documents are originals. It's advisable to take your marriage certificate. It's not on the list but it is sometimes asked for when applying in person.
Tell your wife not to worry. It's not an interview. The officer is there simply to verify that the paperwork is in order and the application is valid.

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Casa,

We do not have many documents on joint names. However, we have got loads of documents on individual names on the addresses we lived.

I can make a list of documents per each month. However, majority of them will not be on joint names. hope this is not going to be a big problem. what do you think?

thanks again for your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Venga_pal

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 am

No problem at all. Just submit extra in single names. TV licence, doctors letter, NHS cards are good examples if you have them. You'll be fine.