ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2,3 and 4 premium service

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Should the HO do premium EEA2, 3 or 4?

Yes, there is sufficient demand for it.
65%
No, it contravenes EU directives.
24%
...meh...
12%

Total votes: 17

Qman

EEA2,3 and 4 premium service

Post by Qman » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 pm

I thought I'd create a post for us to share any news and information about the roll-out schedule for this scheme.

According to the UKBA website, it was supposed to start in June 2011, applications would be made in person and would take place at the Liverpool PEO only. Barring any complications, most straightforward cases would be decided on the same day. A fee of £300 would be charged (not for the application, but for having face-to-face access to the caseworker I guess)

That is all fine and dandy, but now we are in July and this magical service still hasn't arrived. My question is what is the hold up?

Last month I called the Liverpool PEO's press office and when I said I was JUST a member of the public they said they were not allowed to release that information to, I think the phrase was involved parties (or some BS of that ilk) Cagey at best, they all knew something but wouldn't tell me either way whether it had been scrapped or just postponed.

So I got in touch with someone at the home office via an internal number that I found online after coming across a UKBA bulletin where even THEY claimed internally that the scheme would be up and running in June. They also mentioned that it should not be subject to a challenge from the EU as the fee being charged was not for the application, but for "additional cost involved in processing application at a PEO"

So.... if it is a foolproof plan why has it proven so hard to implement? I had my MP (who hadn't heard of the scheme and was very receptive) do some digging and the response was cagey too... "Not imminent or definite"

Someone throw me a bone here, somebody knows something but nobody is saying anything. Could the Freedom of Information act be cited here? Cos I do believe it is in the public's interest to know.

The UKBA recently (28 June 2011) put a news "update" on their site saying "We are still considering the introduction"

I have attached part of the UKBA bulletin for your pleasure

"From June this year the service will be available to those EEA nationals applying under EEA 2, 3 and 4. There will be provisions for EEA1 applications to be dealt with free of charge but only if submitted with an associated EEA 2 or 4 charged application. The fee of £300 is payable for each application and a fee of £300 is payable for each dependant.

This fee follows the Free Movement Directive and is not set towards the cost of the document, but the actual appointment on the basis of the additional cost to process applications at the Public Enquiry Office. The service will be introduced on a limited basis and by appointment only"
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

jimmyharris
BANNED

Premium service EEA

Post by jimmyharris » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 am

This premium service is coming into effect from 15-08-2011 for all EEA route application.

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Re: Premium service EEA

Post by Mrfantastic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:26 pm

jimmyharris wrote:This premium service is coming into effect from 15-08-2011 for all EEA route application.
i've just checked on ukba website and couldn't find a link to the news u've just given, how do u know the service will start august? could you please post a link to verify/confirm this. thanks

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm

jimmyharris wrote:This premium service is coming into effect from 15-08-2011 for all EEA route application.
OH REALLY BUT HOW WILL YOU APPLY????

Qman

Post by Qman » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Punjab wrote:
OH REALLY BUT HOW WILL YOU APPLY????
Probably online and be given the option of premium or postal at which point you can probably print off your application if it is a postal one.
Sent PR March 2016
Refused Sept 2016
Appealed to FtT Sept 2016
Refused Nov 2016
Perm to Appeal to Upper Tribunal Nov 2016
Refused Dec 2016
Applied to UT Jan 2017
Appeal heard 29 Apr 2017
New COA 4 May 2017
Overturned 1 June 2017
PR Card issued July 2017

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 pm

After ILPA's interventions this service was removed from the UK BA web-site.

The last thing I saw on this service was a vague message that this might happen in the future.

I spoke to the UK BA on that and they were surprised that it actually existed (LNCW5, Liverpool).

Could you give a link to your information ?

Mrfantastic wrote:
i've just checked on ukba website and couldn't find a link to the news u've just given, how do u know the service will start august? could you please post a link to verify/confirm this. thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:40 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:After ILPA's interventions this service was removed from the UK BA web-site.
What was their argument?

Godott

Post by Godott » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:43 am

IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:After ILPA's interventions this service was removed from the UK BA web-site.

The last thing I saw on this service was a vague message that this might happen in the future.

I spoke to the UK BA on that and they were surprised that it actually existed (LNCW5, Liverpool).

Could you give a link to your information ?

Mrfantastic wrote:
What do you mean they were ''surprised'' ? I did not get that part, sorry.

The last update was done on 28th June.

UkBA is completely scattered.
... Theatre of Absurdity..