ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement - Statement of Changes

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brandnew

English Language Requirement - Statement of Changes

Post by brandnew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:33 pm

On 13th June Home Office has laid statement of changes in immigration rules in parliament to make ammendments to the English Language requirements for spouses

7.15 To make two minor changes to the English language requirement for migrants applying for leave to enter or remain in the UK as the spouse or partner of a British citizen or person settled here. Masters degrees and PhDs taught in English will be accepted as evidence of meeting the requirement.

Any idea when these changes will come into effect (approximate date)?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:30 pm

they came into effect on 4th July.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:32 pm

Are are sure it came into effect already? I have gone through the ukba website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners
there is no mention of this chage. From where can we get official confirmation? Any ideas?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:43 pm

The changes are now in the rules:Para 281 (iv)

See also the statement of changes which tells you on page 3 when the changes come into effect.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Excellent. This is indeed a good news. Thanks a million for your help, much appreciated. I have some other questions, i will open a new thread for those. I am sure you have answers for those as well :)

Thanks again

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:20 pm

One final question:
The Master Degree course is appearing in the point based calculator list of universities and courses (if i choose Tier2) and the Final certification issued by University says the medium is English.

1) Do i still have to get the qualification assessed by UK NARIC?
2) Do i have to provide a separate letter from University confirming that the course was taught in English?

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:55 pm

UKBA has confirmed that UKNARIC can now verify Masters and PHD degrees
Spouse/partner can rely on these documents as proof of English language

see the link
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

Please read 3.6 of the page

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:14 pm

One final question:
The Master Degree course is appearing in the point based calculator list of universities and courses (if i choose Tier2) and the Final certification issued by University says the medium is English.

1) Do i still have to get the qualification assessed by UK NARIC?
2) Do i have to provide a separate letter from University confirming that the course was taught in English?

If you can provide letter from the university,You will not require UK naric to verify your certificate.

If you can not provide letter from your university,you will need letter from UKnaric provided your Masters was not obtained in English speaking countries including UK.

If your Master or Phd is obtained in English speaking countries including UK,you don't need any letter.