ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about entry/exit stamps

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

imran22
Member of Standing

Question about entry/exit stamps

Post by imran22 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi All,

I have a question about entry/exit stamps on the passport.

I have one entry stamp to my home country which is totally obscured and I can’t seem to work out what it is. I know people mentioned SAR request on this forum but my question is when you leave UK there are no stamps and no one checks the passports, so how it would appear on SAR.

I can understand the entry stamps will come up as you go through immigration each time you land in UK but there is nothing like that when you leave.

Does anyone know what to do in this case when the stamps are not clear enough to find out what the date was?

Thanks in advance

rajesh_kumar01

Re: Question about entry/exit stamps

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:32 pm

imran22 wrote:Hi All,

I have a question about entry/exit stamps on the passport.

I have one entry stamp to my home country which is totally obscured and I can’t seem to work out what it is. I know people mentioned SAR request on this forum but my question is when you leave UK there are no stamps and no one checks the passports, so how it would appear on SAR.

I can understand the entry stamps will come up as you go through immigration each time you land in UK but there is nothing like that when you leave.

Does anyone know what to do in this case when the stamps are not clear enough to find out what the date was?

Thanks in advance
if you can put near by date..(you must be knowing that) you should be fine if no absence is more than 90 days...

farah

Post by farah » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:09 pm

if date is not legible and your absences are well less than 180 days than case worker would not raise eye brow.
SAR request to UKBA e-borders otherwise is the solution and they have complete Air Lines data of incoming and outgoing persons.

It appears that presently case workers has no access to such data but it is matter of time

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks for your replies

So it means that if i request SAR then it will have all the entries and exits?

Does requesting SAR has any disadvantages?

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:27 pm

imran22 wrote:Thanks for your replies

So it means that if i request SAR then it will have all the entries and exits?

Does requesting SAR has any disadvantages?
Actually I had requested for SAR(for Exit and Entry date) .It took 50 days (45 days are deadline ) to get and by that time I had got my ILR.
But I noticed even that documents entry and exit dates were not mentioned just some codes were mention. I guess details were one more step down but they don't print that level.
Anyway , I did not have any problem in getting ILR.

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:41 am

If SAR doesn't show any dates that what is the point of applying.

I have several posts on this forum where members have applied just to find out the dates they traveled.

Are you sure it didn't show any dates.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:56 am

then apply..

Baje

Post by Baje » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Rajesh_kumar from your experience the pending SAR didn't affect your ILR application then? Can I ask if you applied at a PEO? Haven't received my SAR yet and my appointment is in a week.