ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Trying to get back to Ontario

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

FOTSA
Newly Registered

Trying to get back to Ontario

Post by FOTSA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi,
My name is Paul and I am a 25 year old British citizen currently residing in Britain. In 2006 I applied for a Spousal Sponsorship with my wife (now ex-wife) from within Canada. Our daughter was born in March 2007. In September 2008, we seperated. Unbeknownst to me at that time, I should've left the country at that point but I was under the impression that there was some other option for me to stay as I had a Canadian born daughter but in 2010 after filling out a work permit with 'separated' I received a letter from the immigration office asking for me to attend an appointment a month later. The month passed and I attended the appointment, within 5 minutes of being in the room I was told by the agent that I had 30 day to leave the country or be removed.

It's been a year and a half now and I've missed one of my daughter's birthdays and she is now 4. I want desperately to get back for her as it's tearing me apart being apart from her but I have no idea where to start or what the best options for me to get back would be.
I am not wealthy enough to be accepted in on monetary terms. I do not have any other Canadian family members and I do not have a skilled trade, nor do I want to marry again.

Is there anyone that can give me any advice?

Thanks for reading.
Paul