ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, Child Benefit & Sponsoring Dependents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PB

ILR, Child Benefit & Sponsoring Dependents

Post by PB » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:49 pm

Hi,

I had posted a query regarding being eligible for Child Benefit while on ILR and got a response that people on ILR can receive Public Funds including Child Benefit (thanks Tnavon).

However, I wish to sponsor my mother who lives alone and is due to retire shortly, as my dependent. Whilst she is not over 65, she doesn't have any close relatives back home and I would like her to stay here with me. My mother currently has a 5 year multiple entry visitor's visa to enter UK.

The form for relatives VAF2 clearly asks if the Sponsor is in receipt of Public funds and the IND website also states that Sponsors should be able to maintain their Dependents without recourse to Public funds.

So does that mean I shouldn't apply for Child Benefit? Also, if the Dependent visa is refused, would it affect the Visitor's visa that my mother currently holds?

Would appreciate it if someone could clarify.

Many thanks,
PB

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:56 am

No, it means that you cannot claim public funds relating to your parent. Child benefit is helping your child.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>