ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI APPLICATION QUERIES PLEASE HELP

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pbs6vas

OCI APPLICATION QUERIES PLEASE HELP

Post by pbs6vas » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi ,
I am applying OCI for myself and my 11month old son in person at London
Can someone who has gone through this process, kind enough to clarify my queries please:

1. While filling the family application in the PartB

24.* I/We, just My name or both..mine & my son...............................do solemnly and sincerely declare that the foregoing particulars stated on this application are true, and I/We make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true.
Date ....................
Place .................... Signature...My signature............ Signature.....my sons left hand thumb impression
**Application for Minor(s)
I am a parent/guardian of .........................to whom the foregoing particulars relate.
I hereby apply on behalf of my/the child (children) for his/her/their registration as an overseas citizen(s) of India.
Date ...................... Signature of first applicant..................

2. List of Documents(2 sets for me & 2 sets for my 10month old son) 2 sets of copies of
1. Filled Family Application form
2. 51x51 photo pasted on the app form
3. Surrender certificate
4. UK passport photo page
5. UK Naturalisation Certificate
6. My son's birth certificate
Anything other than the above documents needed?

3. Do I need to submit any original documents ?

4.Do they send the OCI card by post? or should I collect it at london office?

5.Do I need to enclose any special delivery envelope with our application?
Do you advise me to fill 2 seperate applications for myself & 10month old son instead of family application?

Do I need to take my 11month old son to submit our family application in london?

Thanks for your help in advance.
With regards

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 am

2. Anything other than the above documents needed?
That is pretty much it.
No, but carry them with you when you go to HCI. They might want to see them and will be returned back to you immediately
Your choice. I chose to collect personally. If you wish to do that then you stand in line at the HCI, submit your original UK Passport in the morning and collect the passport with the visa sticker and OCI booklet in the evening. I chose this because I did not want to rely on the postal route (and therefore I will not comment on the postal route either)
5.Do I need to enclose any special delivery envelope with our application? Do you advise me to fill 2 seperate applications for myself & 10month old son instead of family application?
As stated above, no comment
Do I need to take my 11month old son to submit our family application in london?
Not needed. Parents can submit and collect on behalf of child, if you do the application in person at HCI

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:48 pm

krazydude wrote:
2. Anything other than the above documents needed?
That is pretty much it.
No, but carry them with you when you go to HCI. They might want to see them and will be returned back to you immediately
Your choice. I chose to collect personally. If you wish to do that then you stand in line at the HCI, submit your original UK Passport in the morning and collect the passport with the visa sticker and OCI booklet in the evening. I chose this because I did not want to rely on the postal route (and therefore I will not comment on the postal route either)
5.Do I need to enclose any special delivery envelope with our application? Do you advise me to fill 2 seperate applications for myself & 10month old son instead of family application?
As stated above, no comment
Not needed. Parents can submit and collect on behalf of child, if you do the application in person at HCI
Thank you very much mate

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi,
I am confused with the No of photos required by each applicant.Intitially I thought it is 2 photos pasted on 2copies of Application PartA. But after reading this, I am confused. It says 5 copies.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5069201_apply-o ... india.html

Can some one enlighten me please.
Many thanks