ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier1 General to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkgahlyan
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier1 General to Tier 2 General

Post by pkgahlyan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:18 am

Hi All,
This forum is really a valuable resource for VISA related queries. I searched for similar problem but couldn't find answer, here is my problem.
I have Tier 1 General VISA, now I have got job offer from a reputed company but the salary will not allow me to extend my Tier 1 General.
I discussed this with the company and they mention that they will get me Tier 2 General after I join them so extention will not be an issue. Now I have following questions:
1. While switching from Tier 1 General to Tier 2 General, can the company use unrestricted Cos or I will have to return and then reapply via restricted CoS.
2. I understand that ILR is still open via Tier 2 General, Is it true or some new rules have come against this?

I understand that keeping Tier 1 General is best option but I have no issue with Tier 2 General as well with this company.

Many thanks
Parveen

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:55 am

Hi

Since you can apply for Tier 2 from within the country (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/#)

you should be able to get unrestricted COS. Pls confirm with others.