ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas citizenship of India (OCI) and valid Indian Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kbrar
Newly Registered

Overseas citizenship of India (OCI) and valid Indian Visa

Post by kbrar » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:42 pm

I have already got a five years Indian visa on my British passport and its still valid for another couple of years.
I have recently applied for OCI and it has been granted but not collected from HCI London.
Someone has told me that HCI won’t stamp my life long Indian visa on the British passport until the original five years visa expires.

Has anyone else had this issue?

HCI London or MHA India websites don’t mention anything about this situation.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 am

I do not think you should have any problems with getting the life-long visa stamp. If you qualify for it, you get it. Having another category visa does not affect it.

pbs6vas

Re: Overseas citizenship of India (OCI) and valid Indian Vis

Post by pbs6vas » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:16 pm

kbrar wrote:I have already got a five years Indian visa on my British passport and its still valid for another couple of years.
I have recently applied for OCI and it has been granted but not collected from HCI London.
Someone has told me that HCI won’t stamp my life long Indian visa on the British passport until the original five years visa expires.

Has anyone else had this issue?

HCI London or MHA India websites don’t mention anything about this situation.
The moment you get your U sticker...................5years visa gets invalid. But you don't need it anyway.