ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I get dependent VISA without marriage certificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Can I get dependent VISA without marriage certificate

Post by gbhasha » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi
i am a Indian resident. I have Tier 2 ICT visa and working in london, I would like to apply dependent visa for my wife. I dont have marriage certificate as I married under muslim customs. My wife name is endorsed on my passport and my name is endorsed on my passport as spouse.

can I apply for dependent visa without marriage certificate?

is marriage affidavit from notary public will be accepted in the absence of marriage certificate.?

Please response asap..

midpisces
Newly Registered

Post by midpisces » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Didn't you sign nikkah nama at the time of your marriage? Every Muslim does. You have to translate it into English too.

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Post by gbhasha » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Yes.. I do have Nikkah nama. But its in regional language (Tamil).

If I get a translation in English will UK Border Agency accept that as a proof of relationship? Can you suggest me where to get this translation done (Govt recognized agency or any agency or from advocates)?

midpisces
Newly Registered

Post by midpisces » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:08 am

You can get the English Nikkah nama from agents, sitting outside the courts. They will fill it for you. Then you have to attest it from Oath Commissioner (advocate with special licence).
This is the process used in Pakistan. I am not sure about India but I hope it will at least help u in some way.

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Post by gbhasha » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 am

Once again thanks for the reply.

Looking for some more reply relevant to india and muslim marriage certificate in india.

midpisces
Newly Registered

Post by midpisces » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:22 am

I got some new information that we also have to attest it from the Foreign Ministry.
Last edited by midpisces on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

pvzkhan
Newly Registered

Post by pvzkhan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 am

gabasha, my younger brother a british citizen had a very bad experience 3 years back, he got married and applied for spouse visa 3 weeks after the marriage, he had the Nikah nama (English) endorsed by some the commissioner of transport from state xxxx but it was not accepted by the UKBA, and then he had to come down all the way to india from london got married in the court took the marriage certificate the same day and applied for the spouse visa the next day. His wife got the spouse visa in 2 weeks.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:59 am

Interestingly, our nikahnama was accepted as a proof, though luckily it was in English. My husband and I didnt have each other's names endorsed in the passports as spouses, so our only proof was the Nikahnama

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Post by gbhasha » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 am

pvzkhan and Sheffield_Marketeer thanks for the reply. Is your reply is in indian context? if so whoch state in india you are living in.? I am expecting a answer purely on Indian context.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:30 am

i applied for the dependant visa using the nikahnama from Mumbai VFS.
visa was issued within 18 days including weekends and Christmas holidays.
I was VERY lucky by grace of God.

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Post by gbhasha » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

Hi Sheffield_Marketeer, Nice to hear this. You are so lucky that u had got ur Nikkah nama in english.

looking forward for what to do with my current nikka nama(which is 'Tamil/Urdu' language).

If some body come across translation and authorization of the translated nikkah nama please reply with ur experience. Once again please reply based on indian context. i do see few replies here but which works in pakistan.

pvzkhan
Newly Registered

Post by pvzkhan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:15 pm

We use to reside in Mumbai, but my bro got married in Srinagar, hence the nikahnama was in Urdu..(Indian context)